Contact Huawei to request Android Update

Guest robot1000

Guest feelmychi
Email sent.. here is the template if anybody is interested :))

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Tmobile Pulse (u8220), and find it to be a really good mobile. I am really a very happy customer. However I see that other android handset manufacturers have moved on to Android 2.0 or 2.1. When are you going to release a compatible ROM 2.1 (or 2.0) for the u8220 mobile users like me ? Because of this we are missing out on a lot of great features offered by android. Hope my request is not falling on deaf ears. Hoping to receive a positive acknowledgement from you.

Regards,

I was literally just about to say that someone should make one!

feelmychi

edit: here it is again, just (and probably only in my opinion) written in slightly more elevated English :)

Hi,

I have recently purchased a T-Mobile Pulse (u8220), and find it to be a truly incredible mobile device. I really am a very happy customer. However, most other Android handset manufacturers have already updated their devices to Android 2.0 or 2.1. When are you planning to release a compatible ROM 2.1 (or 2.0) for the u8220 mobile users like myself ? Due to the lack of this update, we are missing out on a lot of very important features offered by the Android operating system. I hope my request is not ignored, and some form of acknowledgement would be greatly appreciated,

Edited by feelmychi

There's also another e-mail listed on Huawei page, I suppose we should also try complaining. :)

E-mail: [email protected]

You just have to hope that their email to that address doesn't get directed to /dev/null :)

Edited by pulser

Guest Harash!
You just have to hope that their email to that address doesn't get directed to /dev/null :)

I prefer thinking that's just not true. :)

Anyways, If we're gonna spam the update out of Huawei, :)

we could also try calling Huawei offices in our countries.

LINKY!

EDIT: Note the "country specific e-mails" like: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] , [email protected] ...

It would be great if somebody could also try sending emails to them...

Edited by Harash!

Guest JingleManSweep

I've just sent two emails to both "mobile" and "complain" email addresses, saying that they shouldn't bother with Android 2.0/2.1 or even 1.6, as 1.5 is perfectly adequate for my needs.

Only joking! Hehe!

Chalk up another email requesting information on an official update or a release of the latest kernal source code

Sent emails to all the addresses I could find and also the eu one just located.

Guest Neil.Zhulei

may be or may not means mot

I dont think they will update pulse to android 2.0

Look at those androidb2.0 phones, none is in such weak spec as pulse.

HTC G4 tatoo, it is a new phone, but not with the android 2.0

Guest BigBearMDC
Look at those androidb2.0 phones, none is in such weak spec as pulse.

If my HTC Universal is able to run WinMo 6.5 with only 520MHz and 64MB RAM, then the Pulse should have plenty enough resources to run android 2.0.

The Pulse might be cheaper than many other devices, but its not a bad device.

BTW the Hero has the same CPU :)

Greetings,

BigBearMDC

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Sengadog
Huawei UK have advised me to email: [email protected]

Reply I have just had from EU support:

Hi,

We are planning to develop the ROM 2.0 and 2.1, the ROM 2.0 may be released before April and at the same time we need to get approval from T-Mobile.

Customers can get this information from the T-Mobile website when the new firmware is released and approved by T-Mobile.

Many thanks.