Contact Huawei to request Android Update

Guest robot1000

Guest JingleManSweep

Ditto... same reply:

Hi,

We are planning to develop the ROM 2.0 and 2.1, the ROM 2.0 may be released before April and at the same time we need to get approval from T-Mobile.

Customers can get this information from the T-Mobile website when the new firmware is released and approved by T-Mobile.

Many thanks.

My reply from Huawei Technical Assistance Centre

Hi,

We are planning to develop the ROM 2.0 and 2.1, the ROM 2.0 may be released before April and at the same time we need to get approval from T-Mobile.

Customers can get this information from the T-Mobile website when the new firmware is released and approved by T-Mobile.

Many thanks.

********************************************************************************

This email and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

********************************************************************************

That doesn't sound too good to me. Can't see t-mobile approving anything, why would they when they have discontinued the product? It's not like its going to sell them anymore handsets.

All they're likely to see is a load of handsets being returned as people have balls'ed up the upgrade.

Guest robot1000
That doesn't sound too good to me. Can't see t-mobile approving anything, why would they when they have discontinued the product? It's not like its going to sell them anymore handsets.

All they're likely to see is a load of handsets being returned as people have balls'ed up the upgrade.

Just means we won't be able to get hold of it through T-Mobile. Doesn't stop us getting hold of it by other means (i.e. through a different Country's release)

Guest Harash!
My reply from Huawei Technical Assistance Centre

Hi,

Many thanks.

I got that also PLUS, I got this one from [email protected] :

We have a number of these requests already about this product from the same area, are you all just cutting and pasting the same contents, if you are please stop it as I have reported this to our IT department for Spamming.

BR

HTAC

Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 11:15 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Huawei U8220 Android update?

- Show quoted text -

:) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Harash!

Guest _melchett

Spammers!!! i say we all send the same email in disgust :)

lol at the cc of everyone's name too, looks like i need to make a lord melchett email next time i talk to hauwei

Just replied to them, lol

Thank you for your reply,

I have further questions, if you don't mind,

Given that T-Mobile UK have now discontinued the 'T-Mobile Pulse', do you still need approval from them? Could you possibly release a generic ROM for the device? (I ask this as the custom applications T-Mobile added to the current ROM break lot's of features and let, a otherwise excellent bit of hardware, down).

I hope this request is not ignored, and some form of acknowledgement would be greatly appreciated,

(Could I ask that this time you do not CC me personal email address to 9 other recipient's)

Kind Regard

Given that T-Mobile UK have now discontinued the 'T-Mobile Pulse', do you still need approval from them? Could you possibly release a generic ROM for the device? (I ask this as the custom applications T-Mobile added to the current ROM break lot's of features and let, a otherwise excellent bit of hardware, down).

Of course T-Mobile has to approve and probably make it Magenta (but I guess Huawei is already doing that). Overhere in Europe the device IS a T-Mobile Pulse, NOT a Huawei 8220, at least I have not heard it has been delivered in Europe. And as far as I know the Pulse is not discontinued, overhere (The Netherlands) it's readily available. But chances are that the Rom for the 8220 will be available for other markets sooner because the validation step by T-Mobile is not required.

What applications break features on the current ROM? There's only (besides the Android ones):

- Launcher (I actually like it, but have not used another)

- The blockbreaker game

- Roadsync (for me a necessity)

- Documents to go (I don't use it, cannot comment on it)

- Servosearch (well this is the only one which does give problems)

- Touchpal ( has its problem, but easy to circumvent)

With the advent of Android 2.0, I guess these applications will also be updated to their latest versions.

Contacts - Use the favorites (That spinning thing in Launcher) and sync is broken.

Sync - Try to select a group to sync from Google contacts, you can't it's all or nothing.

I also did specifically mention T-Mobile UK, and given T-Mobile UK's stance on customer services, they direct us to contact the device manufacturer directly, rather than handling inquiries them selves, like they should do.

Edited by klutsh

Contacts - Use the favorites (That spinning thing in Launcher) and sync is broken.

Sync - Try to select a group to sync from Google contacts, you can't it's all or nothing.

I also did specifically mention T-Mobile UK

I do sync my contacts only with Roadsync, so I have not seen this.

Yes I know you stated UK, but the tendency on this forum is to make it UK centric, granted most users are from UK, but there are more markets where this great device is available. Actually T-Mobile Netherlands has not released an update yet (guess they wait for 2.0), so we're thankful for T-Mobile UK and of course Paul and the rest of the participants on this forum.

Guest wimpydragon

Just had my reply:

dear customer

thank you for your appreciation to our u8220,but i am sorry the upgrade-software

for android 2.0 has not been released,our researching members are still

working on it ,and i ill give a feedback to them,may be after a few months,the software will be available.

华为技术有限公司

Guest David Horvath

I got this:

dear customer

i am sorry to tell you that the 2.0 upgrade software is not available now,it is still under researching process, and we have given a feedback to the dept responsible for this ,so we will see what they will do .

thank you

I got this:

dear customer

i am sorry to tell you that the 2.0 upgrade software is not available now,it is still under researching process, and we have given a feedback to the dept responsible for this ,so we will see what they will do .

thank you

Is their punctuation actually that bad? (No offence if it was yours, it's just they're a multinational hardware company).

Guest david_dawkins
Is their punctuation actually that bad? (No offence if it was yours, it's just they're a multinational hardware company).

I got exactly the same reply this morning.

And hey Xangma, get off MoDaCo and get those assignments done! We don't you dropping out cos of us :) Good luck on Wednesday.

And hey Xangma, get off MoDaCo and get those assignments done! We don't you dropping out cos of us :) Good luck on Wednesday.

Haha thanks, i've done most of them now. Only wednesday to go and that should be easy =]

Seconded! I've also got work to do, but procrastination has become a way of life.

Here's the reply I received over the night:

dear customer thank you for your appreciation to our u8220,but i am sorry the upgrade-software

for android 2.0 has not been released,our researching members are still

working on it ,and i ill give a feedback to them,may be after a few months,the software will be available. sorry about it,

If it gets directed to their engineers rather than to their western sales people, it could well be that bad. At least they're making an effort and are not flat-out saying no.

Of course T-Mobile has to approve and probably make it Magenta (but I guess Huawei is already doing that). Overhere in Europe the device IS a T-Mobile Pulse, NOT a Huawei 8220, at least I have not heard it has been delivered in Europe. And as far as I know the Pulse is not discontinued, overhere (The Netherlands) it's readily available. But chances are that the Rom for the 8220 will be available for other markets sooner because the validation step by T-Mobile is not required.

Actually, the 8230 (almost identical except for the UI) is sold in France with Bouygues Telecom.

http://www.laboutique.bouyguestelecom.fr/t...u-E1001397.html

Edited by Bakes

According to T-mobile in Holland the 2.0 update for the Pulse is coming at the end of march :)

[q]Harvey woensdag, 13 januari 2010 10:42MODERATOR

G1 update: eind januari

G2 update: eind maart

T-Mobile Pulse update: eind maart

Dit alles onder voorbehoud uiteraard![/q]

This is posted on the closed (members only) Tmobile forum, and the moderator says this date is provisional

Edited by Kepler

• 7 months later...