no plans for WaveSecure update.zip*

Guest shenye

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarthOps
just wait a bit, probably a maintenance thing. It's not gonna be down forever, they just got quite a bit of cash from winning ADC2 =\

haha, I have to admit I was panicking a little! thought I had lost everything. (just as long as their data centre isn't on fire!)

btw, what version of wavesecure have we got at the moment? (the one that gets loaded into the rom)

I'm only asking because I just noticed a wavesecure tweet:

WaveSecure v3.0.0.46 is now up on Android Market. New features include SMS command PIN, improved usability and bug fixes. Update now!

Edited by DarthOps

That is really REALLY not good, I can't recover any of my messages!!!

For future, try my backup pro. It's paid but worth it IMHO.

And. Shen, as we discovered today, if the site is down, the phone lock events won't survive some of my harsh treatment lol

haha, I have to admit I was panicking a little! thought I had lost everything. (just as long as their data centre isn't on fire!)

btw, what version of wavesecure have we got at the moment? (the one that gets loaded into the rom)

I'm only asking because I just noticed a wavesecure tweet:

WaveSecure v3.0.0.46 is now up on Android Market. New features include SMS command PIN, improved usability and bug fixes. Update now!

Were on 43. Downloading now. Cheers. Maybe server down to add sms pin support?

Guest shenshang
For future, try my backup pro. It's paid but worth it IMHO.

And. Shen, as we discovered today, if the site is down, the phone lock events won't survive some of my harsh treatment lol

Well, like we said earlier, no thief is going to do iptables! hmm...do i smell innuendo? :)

Guest DarthOps
Were on 43. Downloading now. Cheers. Maybe server down to add sms pin support?

Hehe, I actually contributed something!!!

Just watch you don't end up locked out like I did!

EDIT: it's back up!

Edited by DarthOps

Well, like we said earlier, no thief is going to do iptables! hmm...do i smell innuendo? :)

No, sorry. No innuendo intended. I was meaning removal of the sim (sister's phone was stolen a while back in school, but the thief (a kid) still pulled the sim)

I think a sim removal and wipe (following Google instructions) is quite a bit more likely. Combined, that would give thief a bit of access...

No offence directed at you. Should have made myself clearer. Sorry. :)

with the 46 version, do we have to wait for Paul to modify the .apk so it will be stored in Rom?

No mod needed. Just push to /system/apps/

@shen, thanks for the recommendation. Taking a look now...

Edited by pulser

oh no, you can do it manually, by installing it off market, copy and paste /data/app/com.wsandroid.apk to /system/app and uninstall wavesecure. ORRR use what i have attached.

Wow! Props for a hyper-fast release :)

Guest shenshang
Wow! Props for a hyper-fast release :)

yeah i wrote myself a .bat file that lets me drag and apk file to it and it automatically makes me an update.zip to install it to the systems partition :)

yeah i wrote myself a .bat file that lets me drag and apk file to it and it automatically makes me an update.zip to install it to the systems partition :)

Nice. Is that in windows? If so, are you using cygwin to run the signer, or is there another secret you'd be prepared to share? I've been thinking about making one for a while, but never spent the time on it... :)

Guest shenshang
Nice. Is that in windows? If so, are you using cygwin to run the signer, or is there another secret you'd be prepared to share? I've been thinking about making one for a while, but never spent the time on it... :)

uses command prompt, basically it copies it in this template directory thing ive made and zips it and runs "java -classpath testsign.jar testsign unsigned.zip signed.zip"

uses command prompt, basically it copies it in this template directory thing ive made and zips it and runs "java -classpath testsign.jar testsign unsigned.zip signed.zip"

Doh! Can't believe I never thought to run the compiled java class lol. And I do this kind of thing day in day out lol. My excuse is that its getting late, and been a long day. :)

Thanks for the 'hint' though :) note to self- java bytecode is cross platform. How could I forget ??? I should just give up my day job now :) oh the embarrasment lol

Guest shenshang

haha yeah it has been a long day, ive posted like 60 posts today on modaco alone. CANT WAIT FOR 2.1!!! if you dont mind me asking, WHY ARENT YOU A PREMIUM MEMBER!!!?

haha yeah it has been a long day, ive posted like 60 posts today on modaco alone. CANT WAIT FOR 2.1!!! if you dont mind me asking, WHY ARENT YOU A PREMIUM MEMBER!!!?

Yeah. Congrats on getting your enthusiast badge for +150.

As for ad free, I'm not able to afford any extra ougoings due to finances at the moment, but when that changes, a payment to Paul will be getting ordered up, no question whatsoever :)

thats why they need backup servers :)

Yeah. For a security app such as this, they really should separate their 'back-end' system from the prospective customer-facing homepage. That way, users can still log in and lock etc, and security remains intact. By running their main website on the same server as the critical back-end, they're asking for trouble in my experience.