Wifi settings transfer/backup

Guest T39andcounting

Guest T39andcounting

I want to wipe my Hero to give it a fresh start, but I don't want to loose all the Wireless passwords I've entered for various locations. Also, my OH might be getting an Android phone, so it would be good to be able to transfer over all those passwords rather than doing it manually every time we arrived somewhere with secured wifi that I have the password for.

I'm sure I've seen an app like this mentioned on the forum, but I can't find it, and a search of the Market doesn't come up with anything either.

I want to wipe my Hero to give it a fresh start, but I don't want to loose all the Wireless passwords I've entered for various locations. Also, my OH might be getting an Android phone, so it would be good to be able to transfer over all those passwords rather than doing it manually every time we arrived somewhere with secured wifi that I have the password for.

I'm sure I've seen an app like this mentioned on the forum, but I can't find it, and a search of the Market doesn't come up with anything either.

In /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf you will find your wireless passwords.

Guest T39andcounting
In /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf you will find your wireless passwords.

Using Linda Manager to look, there is nothing in my /data folder in the root of My Phone. The folder is empty.

Guest shenshang
maybe you should try "root explorer", some file managers doesn't show system files.

the only ones i know of are root explorer, sufbs and estrongs file manager.

you could also use adb:

adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf #DIRECTORY ON PC#

for example, if i want to copy it to my C:\ drive...

adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf C:\

Guest T39andcounting
the only ones i know of are root explorer, sufbs and estrongs file manager.

you could also use adb:

adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf #DIRECTORY ON PC#

for example, if i want to copy it to my C:\ drive...

adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf C:\

I've just installed estrongs file manager, changed the file settings to show hidden files, and /data is still showing as an empty folder! Root and Cache are also showing up as empty folders. Am I doing something wrong here? My device is a UK Orange Hero running the Modaco Custom 3.1 GSM ROM

Guest rafelBEV
I've just installed estrongs file manager, changed the file settings to show hidden files, and /data is still showing as an empty folder! Root and Cache are also showing up as empty folders. Am I doing something wrong here? My device is a UK Orange Hero running the Modaco Custom 3.1 GSM ROM

I manage to see the file, but not using EStrongs File Explorer. Try the following:

adb shell cat /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf