APP2SD Question

Guest GateheaD

Guest GateheaD

Hey,

Currently using a HTC Hero GSM from HongKong on Optus Australia:

Build 3.0 MoDaCo

2.6.27-mck-teknologist-1.9

Amon-Ra 1.5.3

Probably upgrade soon, I hear Android 2.1 is coming to HTC Feb 15th, so I'll try the latest MoDaCo when its out of beta then upgrade to Android 2.1.

My Question is about App2SD...

I found instructions here on App2SD, seems pretty straight forward.

I purchased a new SD to give this a go on, 16gb Class 4 Sandisk.

Essentially do I need to follow the steps listed (I never partitioned the card that came with the phone with ext2) or has it been done inside the rom already and all that is required is the formatting.

Thanks

Edit: Just went Ad-Free to support your work, Thanks everyone.

Edited by GateheaD

Guest GateheaD
All you have to do is format the card, and the recovery image has the option to do this automatically :)

I thought as much, as it already contained an app's folder in the ext2 partition called 'apps' when I went to make one.

I'm going to wipe and start fresh, reinstall all my apk's so they end up on the SD Card.

Probably will install important ones to the phone by removing the SD Card first, so they can continue to run during mounting and dismounting.

Thanks for the prompt answer

I thought as much, as it already contained an app's folder in the ext2 partition called 'apps' when I went to make one.

I'm going to wipe and start fresh, reinstall all my apk's so they end up on the SD Card.

Probably will install important ones to the phone by removing the SD Card first, so they can continue to run during mounting and dismounting.

Thanks for the prompt answer

no need to reinstall apks, they are moved automatically. do NOT take the card out of the phone while it is running, it will break your apps. you have to decide, either apps2sd OR apps in phone memory.

you can push them manually to /system/app, but as i said after apps2sd there is no taking out of the card anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fajoza45
no need to reinstall apks, they are moved automatically. do NOT take the card out of the phone while it is running, it will break your apps. you have to decide, either apps2sd OR apps in phone memory.

you can push them manually to /system/app, but as i said after apps2sd there is no taking out of the card anyway.

how do I add manually to system mem. having issues with viewing pictures in chompsms.. only thing i can attribute it, is to moving the app to sd card.. thank you in advanced.