Hero dropping connection when transiting from 3g to 2g

Guest docentore

Guest docentore

Hi all,

Can pick your brains for sec?

First of all few words of introduction to the issue:

The only provider of Hero here in Ireland is a network called Meteor. They released Hero without properly testing it on their network and there are few issues with it, like phone can't sync to google calendar, can't use Tweeter application.

But the most annoying is that phone is loosing connection to the network few times a day, mostly during transition from 3g to 2g network and vice versa, it is just not registering itself. The workaround, instead of resetting the phone, is to use plane mode, but you never know how long where you offline. It is very frustrating, I find few voicemails every day, my boss is getting angry that he cannot contact me etc.

It is problem with this network only, many people tried the same phones on other networks over here - no probs at all. Also it is not a SIM issue - was tested as well. I did some testing with different roms (tried stock, Modaco 2.9, 3.0, 3.1 etc) different radio roms - no joy as well. The provider released info that they are going to update the phones shortly to 2.73.405.66 which supposed to help, but: 1. you need to send the phone to service centre, 2. I don't think it gonna help as Modaco 3.1 is based on this rom release.

My question is: does anyone knows any settings that can be tweaked to help resolve this issue? like settings in build.prop or similar. Any help will be appreciated

Hi all,

The only provider of Hero here in Ireland is a network called Meteor. They released Hero without properly testing it on their network and there are few issues with it, like phone can't sync to google calendar, can't use Tweeter application.

But the most annoying is that phone is loosing connection to the network few times a day, mostly during transition from 3g to 2g network and vice versa, it is just not registering itself. The workaround, instead of resetting the phone, is to use plane mode, but you never know how long where you offline. It is very frustrating, I find few voicemails every day, my boss is getting angry that he cannot contact me etc.

It is problem with this network only, many people tried the same phones on other networks over here - no probs at all. Also it is not a SIM issue - was tested as well. I did some testing with different roms (tried stock, Modaco 2.9, 3.0, 3.1 etc) different radio roms - no joy as well. The provider released info that they are going to update the phones shortly to 2.73.405.66 which supposed to help, but: 1. you need to send the phone to service centre, 2. I don't think it gonna help as Modaco 3.1 is based on this rom release.

My question is: does anyone knows any settings that can be tweaked to help resolve this issue? like settings in build.prop or similar. Any help will be appreciated

Can't help much, but I don't think that update you mention would help. As you say, MCR3.1 is based on it, and MCR is basically the shipping ROM with Paul's modifications. So I doubt it would help.

Which radio are you on at the moment? (I know you've tried lots)

Also, some people have a different, but possibly linked issue on T-mobile UK where the phones don't make a good connection to the web on 3G/HSDPA. I wonder if there are network issues involved??? Sorry I can't help more. :)

Hi all,

I've been having exactly the same issues on Orange UK, across all Radios and ROMs - stock Orange, MCR up to 3.2. I'm leaving Orange as a last resort and going to O2 - really doing my head in. Hoping I don't get the same issue on the Nexus One that's heading my way, but changing network anyway...

I've been having exactly the same issues on Orange UK, across all Radios and ROMs - stock Orange, MCR up to 3.2. I'm leaving Orange as a last resort and going to O2 - really doing my head in. Hoping I don't get the same issue on the Nexus One that's heading my way, but changing network anyway...

Although it pains me, I've reverted to the HTC Generic 2.73.405.38 rooted and I don't seem to be having the same issue any longer.

Guest karumbo

+1 having the same issues on Orange UK. On 2.0 ROMS, and Modaco - not sure about stock ROM as never really ended up using it. Toggling airplane mode seems to fix it, a pain but it works.