Keyboard missing return character & record button where comma should be

Guest TonyL

TEXTS:

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that when sending text messages the "return" key isn't there any more. They have now placed a "smiley face" on the bottom right hand corner section.. I'd rather have the return key back so that I can space my texts out

ALL OTHER INPUT:

Also when I type in any other application we now have the microphone icon where I would typically find the comma… I have tried the voice dictation and its just not there yet… is there any way to remove this or have someone write a slightly different overlay? I find that I use the comma fairly often and now have to go through to a second screen just to get it..

Any ideas? :)

Guest Mantisen
TEXTS:

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that when sending text messages the "return" key isn't there any more. They have now placed a "smiley face" on the bottom right hand corner section.. I'd rather have the return key back so that I can space my texts out

ALL OTHER INPUT:

Also when I type in any other application we now have the microphone icon where I would typically find the comma… I have tried the voice dictation and its just not there yet… is there any way to remove this or have someone write a slightly different overlay? I find that I use the comma fairly often and now have to go through to a second screen just to get it..

Well I use a custom keyboard (Scandinavian Keyboard) and I get the comma and return, now the Scandinavian Keyboard have a setting to get English layout but I don't know if there's an English dictionary for it :)

Perhaps there's some "good" custom keyboard that can make use of the built in dictionary, or perhaps the Scandinavian Keyboard makes use of it if you dont download any other dictionary?

Gonna check if I can get the Scandinavian Keyboard to use the original dictionary.

EDIT: Setting the Scandinavian Keyboard to English layout doesn't work to get it to use the built in dictionary and there's no English dictionary for it on the market atm.

Edited by Mantisen

Well I use a custom keyboard (Scandinavian Keyboard) and I get the comma and return, now the Scandinavian Keyboard have a setting to get English layout but I don't know if there's an English dictionary for it :)

Perhaps there's some "good" custom keyboard that can make use of the built in dictionary, or perhaps the Scandinavian Keyboard makes use of it if you dont download any other dictionary?

Gonna check if I can get the Scandinavian Keyboard to use the original dictionary.

EDIT: Setting the Scandinavian Keyboard to English layout doesn't work to get it to use the built in dictionary and there's no English dictionary for it on the market atm.

Better Keyboard is a very good alternative keyboard - established for a long time and has lots of options. It offers a choice of action for the corner key - Smileys or Return. You can also get skins for better Keyboard. The touchpal keyboard was also good but I believe it is no longer in Market. You could also google for the Swype Beta or Trial and give that a try, though it uses swiping input not taps, but is extremely impressive.

Not sure if it would work on Nexus, but there used to be a HTC IME keyboard too - again i don't think its in market, was ripped from a Rom way back when soft Keyboards weren't on G1 :)

Dayzee xxx

TEXTS:

ALL OTHER INPUT:

What is annoying is that IF you have voice input ENABLED you lose the comma key which is replaced by a microphone. You can use this to activate voice OR you can swype your finger right over the keyboard to do the same.

If you turn Voice Input OFF you get the comma key back but you lose the ability to right swipe to get voice input. Perhaps a "Show Microphone" setting is in order.

What is annoying is that IF you have voice input ENABLED you lose the comma key which is replaced by a microphone. You can use this to activate voice OR you can swype your finger right over the keyboard to do the same.

If you turn Voice Input OFF you get the comma key back but you lose the ability to right swipe to get voice input. Perhaps a "Show Microphone" setting is in order.

Fantastic, I never realised that you could switch of the voice offering - now its off I have the comma back! yay!! Im so happily pleased :)