assigning ringtones

hi everybody. since i got my Hero I'm facing with a many problems: one is I can't assign ring tones to my contacts. i was trying any ring tone from my music, from zedge download, but useless. in contact details is showing the chosen ring tone, but when is calling it will ring default! any advices? does somebody facing with this problem? there is any possibility to be a hardware issue?

hi everybody. since i got my Hero I'm facing with a many problems: one is I can't assign ring tones to my contacts. i was trying any ring tone from my music, from zedge download, but useless. in contact details is showing the chosen ring tone, but when is calling it will ring default! any advices? does somebody facing with this problem? there is any possibility to be a hardware issue?

I had this problem with my Telus Hero in the US. It was because of the caller ID format. In my contacts I was entering the phone numbers like this: (888) 888-8888. Looking at the Caller ID number format on the screen when someone called it was 888888888. I change all of my contacts to this format and it works as it should. I hope this helps you.