Stupid WaveSecure not appearing >:(

Guest shenye

Guest shenshang

I tried reinstalling WaveSecure after seeing that it doesnt detect the sms messages...but when I deleted it and reinstalled into the system partition, it refused to appear on my apps list....any ideas?

cheers,

shen

I tried reinstalling WaveSecure after seeing that it doesnt detect the sms messages...but when I deleted it and reinstalled into the system partition, it refused to appear on my apps list....any ideas?

cheers,

shen

This could help. Don't know for sure. I'll try installing the new one just now...

Uninstall WS from Settings | Applications | Manage applications, and try wiping WaveSecure's data store. Just do an adb pull of

/data/data/com.wsandroid/

(it's not essential as I discovered yesterday :), as it doesn't really need the folder), then a recursive delete of that directory from a shell. Reboot the phone, and then try adb pushing the new apk into the /system/app folder.

That usually fixes issues like this for me. Failing that, wiping the dalvik cache from recovery is an obvious long-shot.

I'll install new one and take a look.

Well, I pushed the new apk into /system/app and didn't do anything else. Didn't even reboot, and it responded fine to me locking it by web (I take it you are referring to the automated 'encrypted' messages full of nonsense that tell WS what to do, as opposed to 'secure lock 000000' type messages?)

Guest shenshang
Well, I pushed the new apk into /system/app and didn't do anything else. Didn't even reboot, and it responded fine to me locking it by web (I take it you are referring to the automated 'encrypted' messages full of nonsense that tell WS what to do, as opposed to 'secure lock 000000' type messages?)

ahh thanks, i will do it now and post the result. im talking about all messages, on autostarts, wavesecure wasnt under "when sms is received" like it should be, so wavesecure couldnt be set off by any of the texts =\