MS Marketplace missing apps

Guest rfrogman

Guest rfrogman

Well I discovered an issue with the MS Marketplace and missing applications.

Since before Christmas '09 I have been trying to submit my wms 6.x application to the marketplace. After jumping through their hoops, paying them for the privilege and them failing my app the first time (because their tester neglected to read prerequisites) I resubmitted my app to their Marketplace and they approved it. When submitting my app I listed it as wms 6.5 although it will runs on any 6.x phones. I found my application under the correct category through the web version of marketplace from my laptop but could not see it from my wms 6.5 ROM i910. It turns out that MS does not look at the wms OS on the phone but rather the wms OS that the cell phone came with.To prove my theory I log into the marketplace from my laptop which showed I have a i910 in my profile. Marketplace did not allow me to see my application. When I logged out I could see all 6.5 apps and the catalog my application is in increased by two. The two application both show wms 6.5 only.

So even if you run wms 6.5 ROM on your i910 you will not see all 6.5 applications in the MS Marketplace. To correct this issue with my application I will have to remove and resubmit it to the marketplace (14 business day turn-around) Pain in the rear for a $.99 and they wonder why user are programing for other OS's.

Guest techfellow

I am happy you posted this. I was seeing apps when log out of market place, then when I login in to get them they were not there, I though it was an issue because of the custom rom I was running, or I had a bad marketplace cab. And kept flashing and installing/uninstalling, this was driving me crazy, glad to know it is nothing I did wrong.

There must be away around this...right?

Edited by techfellow