Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest samihussein
It is hard to tell you what's wrong if you didn't write what you were doing.

It looks like there is something wrong with xip.

What rom are you using?

What changes did you make?

What settings did you use?

Are you porting new OS?

Could you build it again (you don't have to flash the phone since it didn't work), and when the build is finished press 'Save MsgLog' button. Then archive MsgLog.txt file (should be in your rom directory) and attach it to your post.

Edit: If you were porting new OS, did you select 'Port XIP from new OS' and 'Delete osaxst0.dll' and 'Delete hd.dll'?

will start the whole matter again from the beginning and feed you back.

yes i was porting new OS 'Port XIP from new OS' and yes i selected 'Delete osaxst0.dll' and 'Delete hd.dll'

i removed asphalt4 game, Dice game, Crayon game, mp3 files except 2 ones.

and i removed all the XT9 files which are related to all languages except the english ones.

when i flashed my mobile. I used the new ROM .nb0

and used secany's CSC_I8000XXJB1.CSC file

and secany's Phone_I8000XXJB1.bin

and secany's Eboot_I8000NXXJB1_HW_40.eb0

wes58 , you are so much great , thank you so much but i will start from point 0 and read every thing again.

then i will flash and feed you back.

I WILL CREATE MY LITE ROM AS I WANT and the credit will be yours ;)

your tool is perfect by the way.

:)

Guest wes58
will start the whole matter again from the beginning and feed you back.

yes i was porting new OS 'Port XIP from new OS' and yes i selected 'Delete osaxst0.dll' and 'Delete hd.dll'

i removed asphalt4 game, Dice game, Crayon game, mp3 files except 2 ones.

and i removed all the XT9 files which are related to all languages except the english ones.

when i flashed my mobile. I used the new ROM .nb0

and used secany's CSC_I8000XXJB1.CSC file

and secany's Phone_I8000XXJB1.bin

and secany's Eboot_I8000NXXJB1_HW_40.eb0

wes58 , you are so much great , thank you so much but i will start from point 0 and read every thing again.

then i will flash and feed you back.

I WILL CREATE MY LITE ROM AS I WANT and the credit will be yours ;)

your tool is perfect by the way.

:)

Ok Good luck.

Edit: You should first start with creating a new rom with your current OS and deleting applications that you don't want. You should flash it and see that the phone works. Next step you should try porting new OS. Make sure that you put xip.bin from your new os in the correct folder.

Edited by wes58

Guest Teflanzy

hey wes58

i have a question

after flashing a new rom and the phone boots

after a few seconds it say "Preconfiguration" and it reboots

do you know what happens after the "Preconfiguration" and reboot?

which files are involved?

thank you

Guest wes58
hey wes58

i have a question

after flashing a new rom and the phone boots

after a few seconds it say "Preconfiguration" and it reboots

do you know what happens after the "Preconfiguration" and reboot?

which files are involved?

thank you

It always re-boots once after flashing.

If id does this all the time (boots up and shuts down all the time) it means that you messed up something and it can't start WM operating system. It can be anything, you deleted the file that is needed, or changed something in registry or provxml file and made a mistake...

Guest Teflanzy

i know that

what i want to know is what happens during this re-boot

and for the registry

when i made a back of registry of my phone after flashing with the original rom

now i want to import it to the new rom to see if it will change the language after the re-boot

thats why i want to know what happen in the re-boot

Guest wes58
i know that

what i want to know is what happens during this re-boot

and for the registry

when i made a back of registry of my phone after flashing with the original rom

now i want to import it to the new rom to see if it will change the language after the re-boot

thats why i want to know what happen in the re-boot

After you flash the rom all necessary directories are created in your Main Storage and files are copied from the rom into the folders, registry files are created etc., everything that has to be done initialize the OS. It's the process that you are not going to change. If you really want to go into such details, you have to search the net and maybe you will find something. But is is worth the time spent?

How can restoring registry change the language? Language files are built into the rom during the build process and it's only one language set of files that is included in the rom. Changing the language involves re-building the rom, which is done when you try to change the language using mli file that is stored in 'hidden partition' on 'My Storage'.

Guest Teflanzy

the problem is that everytime i dump the rom with sorgs application it always gives me an english rom

i dunno why

thats why i want to know what happens during the first boot

i also want to know why it works well if i don't modified anything in the rom with your tool

and if i remove some stuff something goes wrong

================================================================================

=

do you have an idea about which files affect the loading of csc file?

because i removed the entertainment folders + DRM + Internet Sharing folders and built a rom

when flashing with the new rom with the the arabic CSC it does not work

is it because of removing some files or because of missing registry keys from these deleted folders?

Edited by Teflanzy

Guest wes58
the problem is that everytime i dump the rom with sorgs application it always gives me an english rom

i dunno why

thats why i want to know what happens during the first boot

i also want to know why it works well if i don't modified anything in the rom with your tool

and if i remove some stuff something goes wrong

================================================================================

=

do you have an idea about which files affect the loading of csc file?

because i removed the entertainment folders + DRM + Internet Sharing folders and built a rom

when flashing with the new rom with the the arabic CSC it does not work

is it because of removing some files or because of missing registry keys from these deleted folders?

Is there a rom with all arabic files (what is the language code) or is it just english with arabic support? CSC can be an issue with phone rebooting itself.

So it doesn't work only if you flash with arabic CSC or it doesn't also work if you are using english csc.

There is also a setting in registry for language 813fd1d1-ca6f-4b6d-96d2-c97fb99bd535.rgu

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI]

"SysLang"=dword:409

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI]

"CurLang"=dword:409

Edited by wes58

Guest Teflanzy

the arabic language is located in the CSC file

the rom i am using now is from the original PDA_I8000NXXJC1_HW_40.MST

if i flash it with the arabic CSC, the first boot will be in english

but after the reboot it will be automatically changed to arabic localized

and i can change it to english with arabic support

but i found that deleteing all the Entertainment folders mess it up

it will boot in english and after the reboot it will remain english it will not change to arabic

and furthermore the arabic keyboard will be missing

thats why i need to know which files or registry keys have an effect on CSC

====================================================

do you think it is related to the dsm files in the Entertainment folders?

because rgu files in those folders does not contain any important registry to the csc or system

Edited by Teflanzy

Guest wes58
the arabic language is located in the CSC file

the rom i am using now is from the original PDA_I8000NXXJC1_HW_40.MST

if i flash it with the arabic CSC, the first boot will be in english

but after the reboot it will be automatically changed to arabic localized

and i can change it to english with arabic support

but i found that deleteing all the Entertainment folders mess it up

it will boot in english and after the reboot it will remain english it will not change to arabic

and furthermore the arabic keyboard will be missing

thats why i need to know which files or registry keys have an effect on CSC

====================================================

do you think it is related to the dsm files in the Entertainment folders?

because rgu files in those folders does not contain any important registry to the csc or system

I don't see how it would be related to entertainment folders. It must be something else! There are only two games there. But if that's is the only issue, why don't you leave those folders. There are only 2 games there and they don't take much storage.

dsm files are just a list of files in a particular folder.

I am not sure what you mean by 'which registry keys have an effect on CSC'. Information from csc are loaded during flashing or hard reset, the files are copied to windows directory and some registry values are set, country selected etc. You can dump your csc and you will see what files are there. There is also CSCConfig.reg and CSCConfig.xml so you will see what is changed in registry. You will also find there Imei pfg file for your country/operator.

Guest Teflanzy

it is not only this folder

there are some other folder like the widget folders in sys

also there are i tried removing midomi and movie editor and podcast and QIK and the same problem happened

i don't know why the csc will not load as it should if i remove these files

Guest wes58
it is not only this folder

there are some other folder like the widget folders in sys

also there are i tried removing midomi and movie editor and podcast and QIK and the same problem happened

i don't know why the csc will not load as it should if i remove these files

Something is not right then. What happens if you use other CSC, like english one?

You don't have to flash pda.nb0 file you can only flash CSC and see if it works.

Did you check what files you have in the CSC?

Why don't you try using Pako's executor to dump the rom. Make changes, and build it again with Pako's executor.

Guest Teflanzy

i don't know how english CSC is going to help me see the problem

because the rom is already in english

anyway

i will try pako's executor and see if it works

Guest wes58
i don't know how english CSC is going to help me see the problem

because the rom is already in english

anyway

i will try pako's executor and see if it works

It's not to help you to see the problem, but to make sure that your rom works OK after removing applications.

You also said the your arabic keyboard was missing.

You can check what is you defaul keyboard set to in registry

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip]

"DefaultIm"= ....

Is there anything in csc file that sets the default keyboard to arabic?

What CSC file are you using?

Guest Teflanzy

this is the CSC for arabic that i am using

CSC_I8000XSGJA3

the registry of the keyboard is in the CSCconfig.xml

i even trien to import the registry keys from it to the rom but it always gives me an error "error building default.hv and user.hv"

Guest wes58
this is the CSC for arabic that i am using

CSC_I8000XSGJA3

the registry of the keyboard is in the CSCconfig.xml

i even trien to import the registry keys from it to the rom but it always gives me an error "error building default.hv and user.hv"

It's a pity I don't have this one. I thought maybe it will be in the CSC from Secany's Roms.

With your error in BuildOS, did you look in the log (in temp\ folder) created by BuildOS? You probably made a mistake when importing to registry. The log file should tell you where the error is (it should give you the file name and approximate line number).

Guest enrico988

Hey wes, I think I found a minor bug in your romTool 2.0.3.

When I'm going to port XIP from new OS (e.g. build 23549), I set \XIPtools\XipNewOs_23549, linked to SYS_23549.

But when I try to build (with PagePool patching, but I don't think it doesn't mind) a rom, log says "....\XIPTools\xipNewOS\xip.bin not Found".

So I think that the folder for the new XIP is set to "xipNewOS" instead of "xipNewOs_xxxxx", so I need to do a renaming. Did you find this?

Hoewever your tool is great :)

Guest defaultBR

hi, wes do you know how to add a image logo in the Settings>About pdaviet have and others??? i dont know :~~

and how to change msn mobile another colors? here i have a dark chat with a dark background ¬¬ So impossible to read ;(

cya

Edited by defaultBR

Guest Teflanzy
It's a pity I don't have this one. I thought maybe it will be in the CSC from Secany's Roms.

With your error in BuildOS, did you look in the log (in temp\ folder) created by BuildOS? You probably made a mistake when importing to registry. The log file should tell you where the error is (it should give you the file name and approximate line number).

thanks wes58 for your help all this time

i found the error in one of the registries that i added

i dont know why this registry key made the error

but anyway

i made it work now

thanks alot

Guest wes58
Hey wes, I think I found a minor bug in your romTool 2.0.3.

When I'm going to port XIP from new OS (e.g. build 23549), I set \XIPtools\XipNewOs_23549, linked to SYS_23549.

But when I try to build (with PagePool patching, but I don't think it doesn't mind) a rom, log says "....\XIPTools\xipNewOS\xip.bin not Found".

So I think that the folder for the new XIP is set to "xipNewOS" instead of "xipNewOs_xxxxx", so I need to do a renaming. Did you find this?

Hoewever your tool is great :)

Well, I tried it just now. I had sys set to SYS_23549, and didn't put xip.bin in xipNewOs_23549. I set to change page pool and got the following in the log.

Error! ROM Building Failed.

D:\i8000kitchen\i8000NXXJB3\XIPTools\xipNewOS_23549\xip.bin not Found

*** Page Pool Patched

*** Created File D:\i8000kitchen\i8000NXXJB3\XIPTools\XipOrg\xip.bin

From this, everything looks like it should be. I am not sure how you got your message.

Guest wes58
hi, wes do you know how to add a image logo in the Settings>About pdaviet have and others??? i dont know :~~

and how to change msn mobile another colors? here i have a dark chat with a dark background ¬¬ So impossible to read ;(

cya

You would have to modify shellres.dll.0409.mui (that's where resources like text, pictures are) and probably shellres.dll

Guest enrico988
Well, I tried it just now. I had sys set to SYS_23549, and didn't put xip.bin in xipNewOs_23549. I set to change page pool and got the following in the log.

Error! ROM Building Failed.

D:\i8000kitchen\i8000NXXJB3\XIPTools\xipNewOS_23549\xip.bin not Found

*** Page Pool Patched

*** Created File D:\i8000kitchen\i8000NXXJB3\XIPTools\XipOrg\xip.bin

From this, everything looks like it should be. I am not sure how you got your message.

I was selecting SYS folder when porting OS instead of SYS_23549. My fault :)

Guest wes58

Added version 2.1.0 to first post.

- At a request from sinancetinkaya I added an option to convert All Packages to One when building rom

- Changed naming of xip folders. XipOrg should be renamed to XIP, and xipNewOS_xxxx should be renamed to XIP_xxxx, where xxxx is the number/text used in corresponding SYS_xxxx folder.

- Added an option to delete one more module from xip - mencfilt.dll (used for encryption of SD card)

Guest Gary Crutcher
You would have to modify shellres.dll.0409.mui (that's where resources like text, pictures are) and probably shellres.dll

After talking to SonBlack at PDAViet, he said only the shellres.dll.0409.mui needs to be changed,

which I have already done. Works great!

Many, many thanks to you Wes for your ROMTool. It is an amazing piece of software. :)

Guest samihussein

WES , is there a tool that i can add/ remove apps from my rom and to automatically update the .rgu files and INITFLASHFILES.DAT file and *.PROVXML files ?

adding / removing apps is really headache