Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest Ryrzy
WES , is there a tool that i can add/ remove apps from my rom and to automatically update the .rgu files and INITFLASHFILES.DAT file and *.PROVXML files ?

adding / removing apps is really headache

LOL you are LAZY !

you can change sznupys syakr to o2... it is a lot of work but you can make it

Guest defaultBR
WES , is there a tool that i can add/ remove apps from my rom and to automatically update the .rgu files and INITFLASHFILES.DAT file and *.PROVXML files ?

adding / removing apps is really headache

wes tool can "make" it, all you have is do the first time and save the logs, to the initflashfiles.dat, .prov and .rgu doesnt know if there is a 3thirdparty program that can make it, but if you do the first time a lite rom, save in a .txt information where is the files of each file to edit ex:

podcast -> xxxxx.provxml, yyyyy.rgu, initflashfiles.dat

rss reader -> xxxx.provxml, iiiiiii.rgu, initflashfiles.dat

etc.....

so in the next roms you use the wes program to load the logs to delete the files and use the information of where to edit to be more fast =x..

OR

clean the rom, .rgu, .provxml etc... test if your lite rom is working, if wes, now make a backup of the full kitchen or only of the OEM - SYS, and everytime you need a new rom or insert another build, you use the backup folders =)

Guest sinancetinkaya

Sorry, samihussein but adding/removing programs isn't that much simple. All pda producers except HTC prepare roms in the same way. There is no many packages for each program, they put all files and registry settings into the same folder and registry file. That makes everything a lot harder. HTC's factory roms are awesome and very easy to work on them.

Wes58's tool is already great but you have to know somethings more, if you want to remove some programs.

Guest samihussein
Sorry, samihussein but adding/removing programs isn't that much simple. All pda producers except HTC prepare roms in the same way. There is no many packages for each program, they put all files and registry settings into the same folder and registry file. That makes everything a lot harder. HTC's factory roms are awesome and very easy to work on them.

Wes58's tool is already great but you have to know somethings more, if you want to remove some programs.

Thank you .. i believe you are right

Guest samihussein
LOL you are LAZY !

you can change sznupys syakr to o2... it is a lot of work but you can make it

thanks for the kind answer !

I'm not lazy ... i don't have enough time and fighting to cook my first rom.

thanks again.

Guest samihussein
wes tool can "make" it, all you have is do the first time and save the logs, to the initflashfiles.dat, .prov and .rgu doesnt know if there is a 3thirdparty program that can make it, but if you do the first time a lite rom, save in a .txt information where is the files of each file to edit ex:

podcast -> xxxxx.provxml, yyyyy.rgu, initflashfiles.dat

rss reader -> xxxx.provxml, iiiiiii.rgu, initflashfiles.dat

etc.....

so in the next roms you use the wes program to load the logs to delete the files and use the information of where to edit to be more fast =x..

OR

clean the rom, .rgu, .provxml etc... test if your lite rom is working, if wes, now make a backup of the full kitchen or only of the OEM - SYS, and everytime you need a new rom or insert another build, you use the backup folders =)

well .. this will help to clean every thing, save it, then add the needed items.

i was asking for 3rd party tool and i doubt now that this tool exists. i searched a lot for this.

Guest samihussein

WES , i did what you mentioned before. i built my rom without changing anything.

then i used octans and flashed the .nb0 (only this file).

everything goes well until the mobile reboots. its stucks on the first screen (SAMSUNG OMNIA II) and thats it.

any ideas ?

Guest Teflanzy

hi sami

i cooked my second rom without editing the initflashfiles.dat or .rgu or .provxml

and it works well without any problems

which rom are you editing??

Guest Gary Crutcher
WES , i did what you mentioned before. i built my rom without changing anything.

then i used octans and flashed the .nb0 (only this file).

everything goes well until the mobile reboots. its stucks on the first screen (SAMSUNG OMNIA II) and thats it.

any ideas ?

Did you relocate the modules?

Guest samihussein
Did you relocate the modules?

i did it twice , one time with relocating and the other without relocating

i will change the base rom and try again.

thank you

Guest samihussein
hi sami

i cooked my second rom without editing the initflashfiles.dat or .rgu or .provxml

and it works well without any problems

which rom are you editing??

(I8000HZHJC2_OS21896_PP8MB_Sonblack_SB13)

will change the rom ... and will chose secany's Roms

Thanks Buddy

Guest enrico988

Hey guys, I've a little problem with building rom.

I've already done lot of personal cooked rom in my language (italian) with large success, now I'm working on an english one.

I removed some files, edited all .rgu and .provxml and initflashfiles as usual and added some programs, but this time when system (build 23551 - XXJC1) boots up I get in start menu all windows-related shortcut, like Pictures&video, windows calculator, etc... and nothing about samsung software (task switcher etc..).

I think the problem is in mxipcold_zzzOEM_001.provxml (OEM_0409) cause it includes the strings for deleting those shortcuts, also initflashfile doesn't move at all my files. Double checked all but I cannot find the "guilty" string/file.

Did someone encounter those problems? Thanks

Enrico

Edited by enrico988

Guest wes58
Hey guys, I've a little problem with building rom.

I've already done lot of personal cooked rom in my language (italian) with large success, now I'm working on an english one.

I removed some files, edited all .rgu and .provxml and initflashfiles as usual and added some programs, but this time when system (build 23551 - XXJC1) boots up I get in start menu all windows-related shortcut, like Pictures&video, windows calculator, etc... and nothing about samsung software (task switcher etc..).

I think the problem is in mxipcold_zzzOEM_001.provxml (OEM_0409) cause it includes the strings for deleting those shortcuts, also initflashfile doesn't move at all my files. Double checked all but I cannot find the "guilty" string/file.

Did someone encounter those problems? Thanks

Enrico

You have to be careful with deleting stuff from provxml files - start from <characteristic and finish with </characteristic>. I realize that you probably know that but it is very easy to make a mistake and the whole file won't be processed. It also happened to me that there was some reference to the file in the provxml and the file wasn't included in the rom and it didn't process the whole provxml as well.

Guest wes58
i did it twice , one time with relocating and the other without relocating

i will change the base rom and try again.

thank you

It's not enough saying that you 'relocated' the rom. You should really write what you did. Did you reallocate xip and imgfs or only imgfs? What settings do you have in Extreloc.exe?

Guest enrico988
You have to be careful with deleting stuff from provxml files - start from <characteristic and finish with </characteristic>. I realize that you probably know that but it is very easy to make a mistake and the whole file won't be processed. It also happened to me that there was some reference to the file in the provxml and the file wasn't included in the rom and it didn't process the whole provxml as well.

Thank you wes, I'll do a re-check, maybe I left some reference to an unexistent files.

Guest enrico988
Thank you wes, I'll do a re-check, maybe I left some reference to an unexistent files.

Thanks wes, now it works, I re-edited the whole xml from scratch. See ya

Guest defaultBR

wes, one bug in the newest.. (using the JC2)

when you dump, it show the command to move xip.bin to XIPTOOLS/XIP/Xip.bin

but it doesnt do that, in XIPTOOLS folder it create a file called xip(probably the xip.bin) without extension...

try this: make new folder with template, put the rdump.bin in the folder, dump it, so you will see in xiptools folder a file called XIP

EDIT: DUUUUUUU, kill me, - Rename XipOrg folder to Xip folder (in _Template\XipTools\ and in any rom XipTools\ folder)

hehehe sorry :S

Edited by defaultBR

Guest Devil1978

In BuildOS comes an error message that asyncmac.dll\imageinfo.bin is in the folder.

This is in the OEM folder, OEMDrivers. Can i delete this file?

Edited by Devil1978

Guest wes58

Added version 2.2.0 to first post. This is definitely the final version!

- At a request from sinancetinkaya I added an option to use LZX compression of Imgfs.bin when building rom. He tested it, so if there are any problems please direct any questions to him.

To use this option:

--- copy contents of \ROM folder to the \ROM folder in _Template folder and any other rom folders that you have. The files that are in this folder will be created when you dump the rom but if you are using already dumped rom you need to have a file imgfsLZX.src in \ROM folder.

--- copy (backup existing) cecompr_nt.dll from \TOOLS folder into all your \TOOLS folders. It is used for LZX compression by imgfsFromDump.exe.

--- copy \LZX folder in XipTools to all your XipTools folders. In this folder there is a cecompr.dll module that replaces original ones in your xip

- Added an option to automatically run reallocation of modules. Extreloc screen still opens so you can see the progress but there is no need for pressing any buttons (pressing any can cause some problems with the application "lock up")

- Added in Setting tab, an option to set default status for "Manual/Auto Reallocation" and "All Packages to One" options. Also, added a button to Start ExtReloc.exe to review/change settings.

- Added correct header to built CSC file so it displays correct information when loaded to Octans.

Edited by wes58

Guest wes58
In BuildOS comes an error message that asyncmac.dll\imageinfo.bin is in the folder.

This is in the OEM folder, OEMDrivers. Can i delete this file?

You shouldn't delete this file - it contains information for the module.

There must be some other issue with Build OS?

Guest sonblack

Thank you so much wes58. Your new update version now, I can use! :P

Keep up your hard work!

LE HONG SON

Edited by sonblack

Guest enrico988

Wes, I hope you'll appreciate my support :P

Numero di conferma: 42M619197V0104549

Thank you for all, new LZX is just great!

Edited by enrico988

Guest kydkylin

Thx wes58!!!

Have tried the new version.It's so easy to use and powerful!

Before used LZX compression, my customed rom(.NB0 file) is about 200MB.It's now only about 180MB!

Thank you again!

Guest wes58

Thank you kindly LE HONG SON and Enrico for your support.

One more note for last version 2.2:

Since in this version, reallocation of modules can be done automatically, people can forget (or never know) how to reallocate modules Manually. With automatic reallocation, I rely on certain events in ExtReloc to determine when reallocation is finished, it may fail (I have to find the better way, but for now should be ok) or you get some errors and you want to do it manually.

Therefore I have attached a picture with the steps for MANUAL reallocation.

ManualReallocation.rar

Edited by wes58