Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest sonblack

Your tool will be the best if you can add a pacth for revising "timebomb" of some builds as Ervius did for his tool.

It's in S000 of module [shell32.exe]

I like it!

Thank you

LE HONG SON

(Sonblack)

Edited by sonblack

Guest wes58
Your tool will be the best if you can add a pacth for revising "timebomb" of some builds as Ervius did for his tool.

It's in S000 of module [shell32.exe]

I like it!

Thank you

LE HONG SON

(Sonblack)

I saw this, but I am not sure how this "timebomb" shows on the phone? What is happening?

When I make the rom, I delete registry keys (not just delete values) in 1f1aca24-d942-464a-9281-10567741499c.rgu (in shell folder) and I don't have any problems.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta]

"Today"="Beta"

"Expiry"="Expires: %02d/%02d/%04d"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta]

"About"="- BETA"

So is it really necessary to patch shell32.exe?

I can do it, if it really causes problems. If you could give me some examples of what can happen if shell32.exe is not patched it would be good. Unless if you patch shell32.exe you don't have to delete 'Beta' registry keys?

I will wait for your comments.

Edited by wes58

Guest wes58

Version 2.2.1 added to first post.

I did a few more tests and found out (as I suspected) that in certain conditions, during reallocation of imgfs modules, ExtReloc can close (by romTool) while still doing reallocation - this was due to the way I was detecting whether Extreloc has finished with reallocation.

So please, replace romTool.exe with the new version.

Guest sonblack

Thank you Wes for reply soon!

Your registry you said above is not "timebomb" in order to fix.

The important is time limit in shell32.exe, I only know it can be fixed by revising hex in S000 of it.

In my opinion, you can compare 2 files of S000 from shell32.exe (patched) and shell32.exe (not patched yet) for finding out difference.

I know that if we have the problem with "timebomb", at that time, our device will stop working and be required to upgrade new version.

Now, I'm working! So, I will send my examples to you later by e-mail and hope you to make the tool better.

I don't know the way to fix it with WM6.5 and no free time for study it!

You can contact Gary Crutcher to ask him!

That's my opinion!

Once again, thanks for your best tool for I8000. Now, I use it and easy to do!

Sonblack

(LE HONG SON)

Edited by sonblack

Guest wes58
Thank you Wes for reply soon!

Your registry you said above is not "timebomb" in order to fix.

The important is time limit in shell32.exe, I only know it can be fixed by revising hex in S000 of it.

In my opinion, you can compare 2 files of S000 from shell32.exe (patched) and shell32.exe (not patched yet) for finding out difference.

I know that if we have the problem with "timebomb", at that time, our device will stop working and be required to upgrade new version.

Now, I'm working! So, I will send my examples to you later by e-mail and hope you to make the tool better.

I don't know the way to fix it with WM6.5 and no free time for study it!

You can contact Gary Crutcher to ask him!

That's my opinion!

Once again, thanks for your best tool for I8000. Now, I use it and easy to do!

Sonblack

(LE HONG SON)

I tried to look for the bit patterns that they are talking about on xda-developers, but shell32.exe (s000) on the WM versions that I have don't have those patterns (only Beta in registry).

If you can tell me what rom version has it I will have a look.

I will check again the WM version that I have and see what I can find if I disassemble shell32.exe.

I noticed that there is text 'betalock' in shell32.exe - maybe that's something that can lead me to the solution.

Edited by wes58

Guest wes58
you should find this bits: (in hex) 02 EB 7D 3E

They are 2 times in this file... and you should change 7D to CC

Ok, thanks. So they are different as the ones I saw on xda-developers.

I just had a look in shellres.dll.0409.mui and found the text "This concludes the beta test of this software release." and reference to it in disassembled shell32.exe.

It won't be hard to do.

But the question is, is it always the same in other versions of the roms?

Guest wes58
i always make that same change... sometimes is patched yet :P but more times i must patch it by my self...

I had a look at two versions 23549 and 23551 (they both have "Beta" in registry) and the bits that you are talking about are in 23549 but they are not in 23551 (neither not patched or patched bits).

Edit:

I made a mistake I was looking for the wrong bits in 23551. It has patched bits.

in the code those bits look like this: MOV R3, 0x7DA where 0x7DA is in decimal 2010. So we are changing this to 0xCCA which is 3274?

So it seems that it can be done, although it is different than what xda-developers patch is doing. I wish I could get shell32.exe from the rom that xda-develpers are talking about and see what their patch is doing.

If there are different bit patterns for the 'time bomb' patch let me know what they are and what rom version they are in.

Anyway I can make a patch for the bit pattern posted by Ryrzy - hopefully tomorrow.

Edited by wes58

Guest enrico988
I had a look at two versions 23549 and 23551 (they both have "Beta" in registry) and the bits that you are talking about are in 23549 but they are not in 23551 (neither not patched or patched bits).

Edit:

I made a mistake I was looking for the wrong bits in 23551. It has patched bits.

in the code those bits look like this: MOV R3, 0x7DA where 0x7DA is in decimal 2010. So we are changing this to 0xCCA which is 3274?

So it seems that it can be done, although it is different than what xda-developers patch is doing. I wish I could get shell32.exe from the rom that xda-develpers are talking about and see what their patch is doing.

If there are different bit patterns for the 'time bomb' patch let me know what they are and what rom version they are in.

Anyway I can make a patch for the bit pattern posted by Ryrzy - hopefully tomorrow.

Hey wes, if it can help: I'm using my own 23551 rom right now. So I tried to set date in 2010, 2011 and 2012 and no notification appeared, while I read that with 23549, setting new date will result in message from microsoft "thanks for testing....". Maybe as you said 23551 isn't affected by this limit? (However I removed devicebetas reg values)

Guest sonblack
I tried to look for the bit patterns that they are talking about on xda-developers, but shell32.exe (s000) on the WM versions that I have don't have those patterns (only Beta in registry).

If you can tell me what rom version has it I will have a look.

I will check again the WM version that I have and see what I can find if I disassemble shell32.exe.

I noticed that there is text 'betalock' in shell32.exe - maybe that's something that can lead me to the solution.

Here is the link at xda-developers for WM 6.1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=14

To WM 6.5, I don't know the way for fixing. I always use Ervius Kitchen to do it. Now, I check what Ryrzy said! :P

I think you should revise that bits in S000 of shell32.exe before starting buildOS.exe

Edited by sonblack

Guest enrico988
Here is the link at xda-developers for WM 6.1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=14

To WM 6.5, I don't know the way for fixing. I always use Ervius Kitchen to do it. Now, I check what Ryrzy said! :P

I think you should revise that bits in S000 of shell32.exe before starting buildOS.exe

As I thought, in 23551's shell32.exe (S000) there isn't trace of 02 EB 7D 3E while I found it in 23549 one.

Sonblack can you confirm it?

Edited by enrico988

Guest sonblack
As I thought, in 23551's shell32.exe (S000) there isn't trace of 02 EB 7D 3E while I found it in 23549 one.

Sonblack can you confirm it?

YES!

Because I make the ROM for Kaiser, X1i so I also use Ervius Kitchen, it do automatically about this problem!

Each new build I test in advance with Ervius kitchen and then I use shell32.exe which it's patched (depend on the build source we have) for I8000 kitchen (now I start with wes58's tool)

Guest enrico988
YES!

Because I make the ROM for Kaiser, X1i so I also use Ervius Kitchen, it do automatically about this problem!

Each new build I test in advance with Ervius kitchen and then I use shell32.exe which it's patched (depend on the build source we have) for I8000 kitchen (now I start with wes58's tool)

So, in 23551 must be only removed reg values for "devicebeta" etc..., right?

Guest wes58

Ok, So I got it working based on the bit pattern posted by Ryrzy.

I will do some tests tomorrow and if everything works OK I will post it tomorrow as well.

Guest sonblack
Ok, So I got it working based on the bit pattern posted by Ryrzy.

I will do some tests tomorrow and if everything works OK I will post it tomorrow as well.

Thank for your interest about my suggestion!

One final requirement: please add a button for deleting folder "temp" after building completely.

We can press this button if we check the ROM is finished without any error from kitchen.

Once again, thank you so much and keep up your hard work, wes58

Sonblack

Edited by sonblack

Guest wes58
Thank for your interest about my suggestion!

One final requirement: please add a button for deleting folder "temp" after building completely.

We can press this button if we check the ROM is finished without any error from kitchen.

Once again, thank you so much and keep up your hard work, wes58

Sonblack

I always delete it prior to starting BuildOS, but if you want to have another button so you can manually delete temp folder, I will do it.

Guest sonblack
I always delete it prior to starting BuildOS, but if you want to have another button so you can manually delete temp folder, I will do it.

Yes I need because I have to save more places in hardisk from my PC :P

I have more kitchen!

Thank you!

Sonblack

Guest itsme_4ucz

Can someone with an indian ROM please extract the csc and upload it. Thanks in advance.

I used uk csc and lost the original csc. :P

Guest wes58

Version 2.2.2 added to the first post

As requested by Sonblack I added:

- 'Delete Temp' button in Build tab to delete temp folder with all the files created by BuilOs. Normally this folder is deleted prior to building new rom, but if you want to 'clean' you folders you can delete it after your rom is built.

- Added patch of 'Timebomb' (rom Beta expiry date in some roms) in shell32.exe. Thanks, Ryrzy for information.

- To make rom Beta patching complete I also delete registry key with 'Beta' in shell folder.

All this is done automatically.

- I also added some information that is displayed when you change to the Build Tab, change the Rom or Sys version. It displays the current information about "Timebomb", Page Pool and Certificate Patch. It looks like this:

*** TIMEBOMB already Patched in \shell\shell32.exe

*** BETA keys not Found in 1f1aca24-d942-464a-9281-10567741499c.rgu

*** Certificate, File Signing Security check already Patched

*** Page Pool change Lock already Patched

*** Page Pool Current Value = 8

Edited by wes58

Guest sonblack

Thank you so much, wes58!

I try immediately! :P

Keep up your good work!

Edit: It work well now

Edited by sonblack

Guest enrico988
Version 2.2.2 added to the first post

As requested by Sonblack I added:

- 'Delete Temp' button in Build tab to delete temp folder with all the files created by BuilOs. Normally this folder is deleted prior to building new rom, but if you want to 'clean' you folders you can delete it after your rom is built.

- Added patch of 'Timebomb' (rom Beta expiry date in some roms) in shell32.exe. Thanks, Ryrzy for information.

- To make rom Beta patching complete I also delete registry key with 'Beta' in shell folder.

All this is done automatically.

- I also added some information that is displayed when you change to the Build Tab, change the Rom or Sys version. It displays the current information about "Timebomb", Page Pool and Certificate Patch. It looks like this:

*** TIMEBOMB already Patched in \shell\shell32.exe

*** BETA keys not Found in 1f1aca24-d942-464a-9281-10567741499c.rgu

*** Certificate, File Signing Security check already Patched

*** Page Pool change Lock already Patched

*** Page Pool Current Value = 8

You're the best :P

Guest samihussein

my mobile hangs at the start screen (SAMSUNG OMNIA II) when ever i use the rom_tool.

:P :( :( B) ;) :o

in detail, I do the following :

1. flashed secany's rom to my mobile

2. got rom_dump.bin

3. using o2util , got .nb0

4. started rom_tool

5. followed the default steps as in the attached pictures

6. then i use octans mini or octans 2.14 to flash the .nb0 to my mobile

7. i only flash the .nb0 without anyoither file which i can do with the origional .nb0 before using the rom_tool and it works fine.

8. after flashing the resulted .nb0 ,my mobile hangs at the first screen (SAMSUNG OMNIA II)

anyone can tell me what is my wrong step please (MSG log is attached)?

post-631853-1270221670_thumb.png

post-631853-1270221687_thumb.png

post-631853-1270221719_thumb.png

post-631853-1270221739_thumb.png

post-631853-1270221762_thumb.png

post-631853-1270221781_thumb.jpg

post-631853-1270221808_thumb.jpg

post-631853-1270221826_thumb.jpg

post-631853-1270221842_thumb.png

MsgLog.txt

Edited by samihussein