Basic Stable Clean Fast ROM

Guest erugalatha

Guest erugalatha

Hi,

I've tried a lot of different ROM's that appear here and elsewhere on my HTC Hero but there's always lag or application "force close" instability.

Having said that even when I got the phone first it was shipped from HTC with an out-of-date version.

I like android and the HTC Hero because apps are faster to load than my old iPhone 1G. The iPhone is stable (unlocked and jailbroken) and hasn't been rebooted in over a month. The reality for me is the HTC Hero needs to be rebooted more than once everyday.

Is instability just something we have to put up with when running android?

What is considered to be the most stable ROM on HTC Hero?

When I run OSMonitor I can see apps running in the background long after I have closed them (or never used them since a reboot).

Is there a way to make certain apps not run in the background at any time?

Hi,

I would say start installing the 3.1 MoDaCo custom kitchen ROM. Decide what applications you need and bake your own personal ROM. It's a very stable and FAST! ROM.

If you want to kill background apps you can download a program from the Market that is called ES TaskManager. Kill all apps at ones (your ignore list excluded) or only the ones you selected.

Regards,

D.

Edited by denvro

Guest Callum MR

Just go with the latest stable MoDaCo release from Paul. Never had a problem with them, and the optimizations he's done on 3.1, whatever they are, have made it blazing fast compared to stock. With the 2.x ROMs, of course you'll have problems. They're not official, lacking in some drivers, mostly unoptimized... They're just for testing new features etc, not for use if you want a fast, stable phone.

tl;dr MCR 3.1

Edited by Callum MR