GPS disconnects & reconnects periodically

Guest John Simmons

Guest John Simmons

In my TG01 (this is the 3rd BTW due to banging noises problem) running Garmin, at every 15 or 20 mins interval it loses GPS signal and then reconnects automatically after 10/15 seconds.

This was happening in the previous 2 handsets as well. Very annoying when u'r approaching a turn and this happens.

Anyone else facing the same problem and found a solution to this?

Guest xdalover
In my TG01 (this is the 3rd BTW due to banging noises problem) running Garmin, at every 15 or 20 mins interval it loses GPS signal and then reconnects automatically after 10/15 seconds.

This was happening in the previous 2 handsets as well. Very annoying when u'r approaching a turn and this happens.

Anyone else facing the same problem and found a solution to this?

Nope.... GPS reliability is amazing on my device (But you need 4 or more satellites cached)

just starting to get the same thing with mine running tomtom. using gps gate. random losing connections.

not really noticed it done my first long drive since installing it.

just trying another version of gps gate to see if that solves the problem.tried different versions of tomtom but all the same.

if you find a fix please post on this thread.

cheers.

Guest SteveYorks

Mine is the same, using GPS Gate 2 and Tom Tom 7. Even with a clear sky and 10 satellites locked on it will just loose signal now and then for about 20 seconds and then come back on.

definately something to do with either the version of tomtom or the version of gpsgate.

Would be handy if anybody thas has it working without it disconnecting every 20mins or so to post there tomtom version number and gpsgate verison number as well as the settings they are using with in gpsgate.

I have tried version 7.910 and 7.915/916 and gpsgate 2.5.150 / 2.6.135 / 2.6.324 i think is the last one i tried and gps still disconnects.

Will try verison 7.451 later today and see if that helps, my guess is that it is something to do with gpsgate but cant be sure on that of course. My TG01 is from Orange UK although unlocked and currently being used on o2.

Any other alternatives to GPSGate that is known to be working ? they dont have to free versions just as long as they are reliable and working I dont mind paying a small fee.

Guest SteveYorks

Hi Zoomig, given that you've tried so many versions of these two programs it seems possible that another source maybe causing the disconnects, Windows or other installed aps.

Mines the same as yours, Orange PAYG unlocked and using O2

"SteveYorks"

you could be right, although others are reporting it to be working so would be interesting to see if they have done something over and above the norm to configure gpsgate. Windows Mobile 6.5.3 might resolve the issue but that could be a long time away knowing orange.

Shame really as apart from poor battery life this is the only other thing that is letting this phone down. Still it is a lot better than my old Touch Pro2, that was awful at gps and not even worth using for navigation. At lest this one is accurate even if it does disconnect periodically.

Tried the older versions of Tomtom i.e.7.451 with gps gate 2.6 and still failing, blinking nuisance that once again another windows mobile device that doesnt quite do what it should.

Will wait for the new rom to be released in the hope it will be resolved if not then over to Android.

Guest John Simmons
Tried the older versions of Tomtom i.e.7.451 with gps gate 2.6 and still failing

Unlikely to be a gpsgate or tomtom issue. I haven't got either installed, since I use Garmin but the periodic gps disconnection still happens.

Unlikely to be a gpsgate or tomtom issue. I haven't got either installed, since I use Garmin but the periodic gps disconnection still happens.

That's good to know as now will wait for the updated ROM if that ever happens, thought this device was to good to be true, don't really want another windows mobile device now as certainly the last two I have had have been nothing but problems (Touch Pro2 / TG01). I was hoping for something different from this one seeing as it has a good cpu. It is a lot quicker than all the other windows mobiles i have had but sat nav is very important.

Thanks for the reply anyway.