Flashrec not working on MCR 3.1

Guest Xtiro

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with flashrec. I've already got MCR 3.1 running and everything, but noticed I wasn't running the latest version of the recovery image (I'm on 1.2.3). I tried to just put the new one on with flashrec but am getting the 'Backup failed: could not run command' error, just like I was on the patched t-moible ROM for my G2.

I've already been through the process of goldcarding so I could use flashrec, and I assumed it would work fine with MCR. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Guest paaland
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with flashrec. I've already got MCR 3.1 running and everything, but noticed I wasn't running the latest version of the recovery image (I'm on 1.2.3). I tried to just put the new one on with flashrec but am getting the 'Backup failed: could not run command' error, just like I was on the patched t-moible ROM for my G2.

I've already been through the process of goldcarding so I could use flashrec, and I assumed it would work fine with MCR. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

I had the same problem. Needed to use fastboot from command prompt instead. First put the new recovery image to the sdcard then run the following from command prompt, replace recovery.img with what every your recovery image is called.

fastboot flash recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

Worked fine for me with the latest ra-1.5.2 recovery image.

I had the same problem. Needed to use fastboot from command prompt instead. First put the new recovery image to the sdcard then run the following from command prompt, replace recovery.img with what every your recovery image is called.

Haven't had much luck with comamand prompt with the phone, so I just did a nandroid restore of my pre-mcr ROM :)

Thanks for the suggestion anyway though

Edited by Xtiro

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install latest Amon_RA... couple of questions: 1. from the c:/sdk/tools command prompt what exactly do I type, do I need adb shell etc first? 2. What state should the phone be in before i start with the command line stuf? Off, On, Home screen, recovery image? I tried this:
Copy recovery-RA-hero-v1.5.2.img to the root of your sdcard

Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME)

Connect your Hero via usb to your pc/mac/...

adb shell

$su (not required if you have root already)

#mount -a

#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-v1.5.2.img

as posted on XDA, I got an error after I did the #mount -a bit and it killed my SDcard.

Moral of the story use a different SDcard from the one that has all your data and nandroid backups on it :)

Edited by hp1

Guest ilbulgaro

Thanks for your help

to update the versione of your recovery you need sdk driver installed and the new recovery in the sdcard.

The comands are here ...it's in italian but you need only to understaind the comands

to update the versione of your recovery you need sdk driver installed and the new recovery in the sdcard.

The comands are here ...it's in italian but you need only to understaind the comands

pardon the ignorance but is the SDK driver something other than the SDK itself?

Ok figured out how to install the USB driver:

when I type mount -a at the # prompt i get

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on system/sd failed: No Such File or Directory

Edited by hp1

pardon the ignorance but is the SDK driver something other than the SDK itself?

Ok figured out how to install the USB driver:

when I type mount -a at the # prompt i get

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on system/sd failed: No Such File or Directory
This worked:
adb shell

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/img_name.img

reboot recovery

Guest lemmingzappa

Thanks, that DID work for me even though I got an error mid-flash.

'out of memory' listed itself in the shell a few times so I thought it had failed. But when booting into the recovery it's showing the latest version.