[ROM/LEAK] Acer Liquid 2.000.03 AAP GEN2

Guest behnaam

Can somebody do me a favor an pull the nemoplayer apk from their flashed device? I have a nexus, so don't really have a way to extract the image; regular extraction tools (isobuster, etc.) aren't working

It is fine.

Guest zycamaniac
try this hardware combination for recovery mod:

PLUGGED to USB: Volume up + camera + power

UNplugged: volume down + camera + power

I tried all the key combos that I could find,

Plugged in + removal and replacing battery = Showing me checksum of the boot image

Plugged in without touching battery = showing me fastboot

Unplugged:

Volume down + Camera then power = 3 vibes, Acer logo, Acer + Android Logo, then it appears to reboot again, shows Acer logo, then Acer Android Logo, then fully booting into OS. It appears that the system reboots at the place when it is ready to load recovery image, and thus it shows the logo sequence twice

Volume up + Camera then power = 2 vibes and blank screen. Doesn't seem to do anything after that.

If I use the software from Market or use the adb reboot recovery command, they all have the same effect as the unplugged Volume down + Camera + Power.

Any ideas??

Thanks

David

Guest Joshuah
can someone confirm with the new version once you have root access how to remove apps, i cant find all the APK's ?

nevermind, its still in the same place... :\ lol

Guest emerald7086

Somehow i came across a problem during the fastboot part...

I used acer Dl tool (as found in the forum) to finish the writing part, then an error message appeared: ERROR: fastboot fail...

Used bootloader mode to retry three to four times now, still no luck...what am i missed? or something done wrong in the procedure?

Pls help.

PS I am using the Asian CSL rom

Edited by emerald7086

Guest Ricky Lui
Somehow i came across a problem during the fastboot part...

I used acer Dl tool (as found in the forum) to finish the writing part, then an error message appeared: ERROR: fastboot fail...

Used bootloader mode to retry three to four times now, still no luck...what am i missed? or something done wrong in the procedure?

Pls help.

PS I am using the Asian CSL rom

Paul confirmed there was problem on fastboot on this ROM.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ew-roms-beware/

Guest emerald7086

i made a very careless mistake in getting the bin...

now everything's good, even the rooting

Thks again for the bin.

It's a lot better. hohohohhoho

Guest Piter1225
That would be grat, if any dev could help us to add languages, which are supported by Android, but not included with ROMs.

I've tried to make it on my own, but without results :)

I wish someone could give us a little tutorial how to make this.

Cheers

Edit:

Using MoreLocale only changeslanguage in multi-lang apps.

I compared resources.arsc from apk's in ROM, with that one from SDK, and found that there are missing some lines in different langs, maybe that will help someone.

Another update: made some tests, I've manadged to have some apps fully working in mluti-lang (ex. Calculator, Email) but some are freezing.

Anyone could help?

can anyone please share NemoPlayer.apk

( adb pull /system/app/NemoPlayer.apk ./ )

honestly I prefer 1.008 , this one seems to have bad keyboard and touchscreen sensivity

Edited by chunga

Guest dawabz94

hi all,

I do not really get it

what does this ROM really improve over 1.008.00

battery life ?

speed ?

better social networking ?

I'm quit fine with the 1.008.00 and was wondering what would make it worth moving to this one since it's still 1.6

thank you for any advice :)

Guest liquid_it
what does this ROM really improve over 1.008.00

should be faster & have a better/more stable radio driver. BUT it's an AAP rom, the target market is Asia, so you should compare changes with the 1.005 aap rom, we should wait for EMEA version of this update.

should be faster & have a better/more stable radio driver. BUT it's an AAP rom, the target market is Asia, so you should compare changes with the 1.005 aap rom, we should wait for EMEA version of this update.

Is emea version different than asian version? I live in europe, so is it better for me wait emea version? When emea version will be relased? Next week? Next mont? Sorry bad english.

Edited by uapo7

Guest eppyramot

The built in Android Keyboard now has a dictionary (so it gives a list of guess words as you type them in) in this ROM.

It also has an input method where you write the letters on the screen.

Guest liquid_it
The built in Android Keyboard now has a dictionary (so it gives a list of guess words as you type them in) in this ROM.

It also has an input method where you write the letters on the screen.

maybe we should pull out this im from the rom.

Guest dawabz94

hi, thank you !

guess I'll have to wait for en EMEA version :)

Will be applying Lickonn Custom ROM over 1.008.00 meanwhile

thank for advices :)

Is emea version different than asian version? I live in europe, so is it better for me wait emea version? When emea version will be relased? Next week? Next mont? Sorry bad english.

Answer,please. If anybody dont answer i will upgrade to 2.000.03 very soon.