No 3G Connection

Guest Spoke

All of a sudden my Pulse will not connect on 3G, 3G is switched on but if I go into About Phone - Phone Status it shows Mobile network type as UMTS, Service State In service, but Mobile network state as Disconnected.

I don't think I've changed anything but would welcome any suggestions.

Phone is just running the December update on T-Mobile.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
All of a sudden my Pulse will not connect on 3G, 3G is switched on but if I go into About Phone - Phone Status it shows Mobile network type as UMTS, Service State In service, but Mobile network state as Disconnected.

Thanks

I just installed the December update, and now have exactly the same issue - no 3G. Same settings displayed as above. Not sure if it was the update that caused it, as I was getting lots of crashes and errors before I installed it. I would equally welcom eany suggestions how to get my mobile internet back (WiFi still works fine).

I was being an idiot: I just had to re-enter my O2 APN details, e.g.:

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk

username: mobileweb

password: password

Cos they got wiped with everything else with the December update. Working fine now...

Guest mandroid

I lost 3g and icon stopped appearing even though i didn't change any setting if i recall, fixed it by resetting factor defaults located under access point names, pressing menu button gives this option.

so wireless controls>mobile networks>access point names> press menu button and reset factory default

then 3g and icon returned hope this works for you :)

Thanks

After updating my Pulse with Dec update, I had the same issue. If you do the factory reset and reinstall Dec update, it should work. Atleast it did for me.

After updating my Pulse with Dec update, I had the same issue. If you do the factory reset and reinstall Dec update, it should work. Atleast it did for me.

Thanks for the suggestions, oddly enough though later that day it just started working again with no obvious cause. Don't you just hate 'explanations' like that?

Thanks for the suggestions, oddly enough though later that day it just started working again with no obvious cause. Don't you just hate 'explanations' like that?

Great for you...I waited three days for 'this miracle' but didn't happen! I had to re-install it again.

Guest fivegoldstars
Great for you...I waited three days for 'this miracle' but didn't happen! I had to re-install it again.

I'm on stock Tmobile ROM, unrooted, running December update since early Jan. My internet connection went down about 5 days ago, which I put down to my credit running out (even though I thought I had the unlimited internet). Thought that I'd wait until the 1st, and see if it came back (my allowances now show as unlimited net). Still nothing. In the settings, I'm showing as disconnected. Any ideas because I really don't want to have to run the update again and set everything back up!

Guest Sengadog
I'm on stock Tmobile ROM, unrooted, running December update since early Jan. My internet connection went down about 5 days ago, which I put down to my credit running out (even though I thought I had the unlimited internet). Thought that I'd wait until the 1st, and see if it came back (my allowances now show as unlimited net). Still nothing. In the settings, I'm showing as disconnected. Any ideas because I really don't want to have to run the update again and set everything back up!

Make sure you are in a 3G area, then power the phone down by removing the battery, re-install battery and start phone. It should then work.

Guest fivegoldstars
Make sure you are in a 3G area, then power the phone down by removing the battery, re-install battery and start phone. It should then work.

Just tried that now. No go. To clarify though, it's not just 3G in my case - its all data services. I can't connect via standard WAP either. I have a toggle data switch and usually, when I press it, I get either the 3G icon or the other one. Now it does nothing.

Guest fivegoldstars
Just tried that now. No go. To clarify though, it's not just 3G in my case - its all data services. I can't connect via standard WAP either. I have a toggle data switch and usually, when I press it, I get either the 3G icon or the other one. Now it does nothing.

At a loss now - have contacted 'tech support'. Will report back if they are any help, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the old 'turn off' 'take out sim' 'turn on' garbage.

Last week I lost 3G and rang T-Mobile. They said there it was due to something in my account and would try and get it resolved. They have tried to ring me twice but I have been out of touch but will try and contact them again today.

I don't suppose you've ported your number have you?

Guest fivegoldstars
Last week I lost 3G and rang T-Mobile. They said there it was due to something in my account and would try and get it resolved. They have tried to ring me twice but I have been out of touch but will try and contact them again today.

I don't suppose you've ported your number have you?

Yes, I have. I wondered if that might be part of it, because curiously enough a) my old number still shows in the settings and :) I am still getting the odd message from Orange to this number.

Guest fivegoldstars
Yes, I have. I wondered if that might be part of it, because curiously enough a) my old number still shows in the settings and :) I am still getting the odd message from Orange to this number.

Tech support have called.

Suprisingly, I still have the problem.

Guest fivegoldstars

Now, curiously enough, my new (ported) number is showing in the phone settings. This is a new occurance. Wonder if this has caused the problems?

Now, curiously enough, my new (ported) number is showing in the phone settings. This is a new occurance. Wonder if this has caused the problems?

That matches my experience, my ported number is showing in the settings and I've lost 3G. Going to ring T-Mobile now.

Guest Ascona 400

I also have some 3G issues, most of the time I don't have a 3G connection but I've noticed that when I'm going around in the car I can get a 3G connection..

I've tried about every combination that is possible for the APN settings and still no change. I do have another mobile so I know that the 3G network is working properly.

Next problem is that I'm from Sweden and I'm one of where few that have an T-Mobile Pulse..

Can it be some sort of bug in the ROM that are causing this?

I'm beginning to run out of ideas now..

So if anyone have some bright idea, please enlighten me :)

Emil

Guest fivegoldstars

Well, my problem is now sorted. Mobile data connection back to active.

It would appear that there is a problem which can arise when a number is ported - although not necessarily at the point when the original transfer happens. My number came across on 5th Jan, but the problem only hit me a few days ago, when the Pulse started showing the ported number in the settings. T-mobile support seem to be aware of the situation at the second tier. My only concern is that to correct the error, they had to reset my account (I got all the welcome to tmobile texts), and I bet I'll be calling next month to see where my free texts and internet went!

Guest fivegoldstars

It would appear that there is a problem which can arise when a number is ported - although not necessarily at the point when the original transfer happens. My number came across on 5th Jan, but the problem only hit me a few days ago, when the Pulse started showing the ported number in the settings. T-mobile support seem to be aware of the situation at the second tier. My only concern is that to correct the error, they had to reset my account (I got all the welcome to tmobile texts), and I bet I'll be calling next month to see where my free texts and internet went!

Well, what a surprise. After having my internet fixed, my account HAS been reset. Lost £4 credit as well as my free texts and internet. Another phone call required! Would advise anybody who has had this problem to check their allowances once solved.

Guest Ascona 400
I also have some 3G issues, most of the time I don't have a 3G connection but I've noticed that when I'm going around in the car I can get a 3G connection..

I've tried about every combination that is possible for the APN settings and still no change. I do have another mobile so I know that the 3G network is working properly.

Next problem is that I'm from Sweden and I'm one of where few that have an T-Mobile Pulse..

Can it be some sort of bug in the ROM that are causing this?

I'm beginning to run out of ideas now..

So if anyone have some bright idea, please enlighten me :)

Emil

My issues where solwed by reinstalling the ROM B)

Was on the phone to t-mobile for an hour yesterday, resulting in me having to reset my Pulse. Will mention this when they call back today.

Here's hoping.

Did you guys get this sorted in the end? I'm having the exact same problem but endlessly speaking to T-Mobile CS doesn't seem to be getting me any closer to the solution.

Was on the phone to t-mobile for an hour yesterday, resulting in me having to reset my Pulse. Will mention this when they call back today.

Here's hoping.