ShapeWriter available on Market

Guest david_dawkins

Guest le_lutin
Been using it over the weekend, and I love it. Works a treat.

Gotta admit, i only used it for 5 minutes but I didn't like it. It didn't seem to guess the words very well. I uninstalled it as i really like the htc keyboard I have.

Might try again some other time though.

Oh btw, the version on the market is marked "beta", which is prob why it's free.

Guest david_dawkins
Interesting, it won't replace the Hero keyboard but it's a fun alternative

I nearly deinstalled it, then realized I was using it wrong. I was waiting for it to show the character as I moved around the keyboard, but you don't need to; you just move from letter to letter and it does "clever stuff". I loved the HTC Touch Input keyboard, but this is the future as far as I'm concerned :)

Dave "Not a shill, honest" D

Guest le_lutin
I've installed and enabled it but when i go to Input Method on the keyboard no options appear anyone know why?

Open up the handcent app and enable it.

handcent? Android options are good for me :)

Shapewriter cost money a few days ago and wasn't in beta, so this is weird. Anyway, I do like it and it works fine.

It only has 500-1000 downloads, which must explain the free price (they probably removed their old apps).

Downloading as we speak, although I am looking forward to Swype more.

Guest le_lutin
downloaded HandCent enabled that and still no good

Sorry, don't know why I said Handcent.

I meant open up Shapewriter in the apps menu. It should ask you there if you want to enable it as a system keyboard.

Guest Casper-vH

Looked a bit around on the web and read the thread. But it seems like nobody even got it working on winmo.

That would mean I would have to type every single dutch word there is, than it is easier to use touchpal :) thereby it takes the standard words over the words you add, I read somewhere. So it would make it a pretty crappy experience.

Guest niko1986

To enable shapewriter as your default keyboard to to any empty text box and long press it and should bring up a dialog menu with Input Method you can then choose which keyboard is default.

Sorry, don't know why I said Handcent.

I meant open up Shapewriter in the apps menu. It should ask you there if you want to enable it as a system keyboard.

I'll give it a try, if it works like Graffiti on my old US Robotics Palmpilot I could get used to it. But I guess it worked good with a stylus, wonder if it works ok with fingers

Ha tried it, quite a unique concept, totally differnet from Graffiti. I'm going to give it a real try.

Edited by rss2k

Guest Marcony0

i tried it a while ago, i hated it .. two days ago i forced myself into using it - and well, it takes time to get used to it ! and i'm doing pretty much fine ! i do type faster thats for sure :) it's not that bad after you manually enter words :)