A few TG01 questions.

Guest drums100

Guest drums100

Hey folks, new around here but it's a great forum and hopefully you can answer a few questions.

Still getting used to the Winmo software, coming from an iphone believe it or not. Some might see that as a downgrade to the TG01 but I just fancied something a bit different. I actually really enjoy the TG01 but it's a bit more challenging to set up things than the iPhone. Some of the queries I have are as follows;

1. How can I easily set-up push notifications for my hotmail account?

2. I seem to have major problems trying to access GPS through my 3G connection. Are there any settings I have to play around with. Does accessing the signal require you to have credit in your phone, if you are PAYG?

3. Can I have it so when I press the lock button on the side it just turns the screen off only and doesn't require a slide to unlock page. (Another problem actually,which i wanted to see if anyone else has, is to do with the lock button. How sensitive, or not, is this button. Sometimes when the phone is in sleep mode I have to press it more than once to wake up the screen. Does this happen with your TG01?)

think that's about it, for just now :) thanks for reading and hopefully I can get to the button of a few of these teething problems.

Guest adzman808

hiya,

the iphone is not without its faults... not least of which is that the laptop i'm typing this on PLUS my TG01 cost less than a 32gb iphone...

they say with the iphone - 'theres an app for that'

with WinMo you tend to find that there's a (reg) hack for that !!!

you'll get better answers from more knowledgeable forum members, but as far as i know RE your Q....

1 - you need to set this up thru msn live, not via the email accounts section

2 - i honestly don't know.... sorry.... on my TG i use google maps & 'my location' to form a basic sat nav system

3 - there may be a reg hack for that.... :)

cheers - sorry i dont have definitive answers...

Guest useyourfist

for number 3 you need to click start then in the bottom left it says lock tap it, this locks phone so can still hear media player ect instead of putting it in sleep mode via button on side