AOSP Eclair 2.0, kagudroid etc

Guest karumbo

Guest karumbo

Hi,

I've been enjoying the Kagudroid ROM recently, having tried both this and the AOSP-r4 one from jnwhiteh. I ended up going with kagudroid due to problems with not being able to find root access in the AOSP one (probably my fault).

lox said a while ago on his twitter that the next kagudroid would rock, but I've read somewhere else he was putting efforts into another AOSP ROM instead.

I'm wondering which of the 2.0 ROM's is the main one that's being worked on?

Where should I look to find sources? I found a problem in the kagudroid ROM with pptp VPN usage and I'd like to take a look at the source to see if I can spot whats wrong and if so send a patch, assuming it exists in other 2.0 ROM's

Thanks

Chris

Edited by karumbo

Guest blackcoffee85

Without wanting to discredit the work of 2.0 authors, I don't believe there will be a production quality 2.x ROM until HTC release the official effort. It's no small task to produce a working ROM!

Guest karumbo
Without wanting to discredit the work of 2.0 authors, I don't believe there will be a production quality 2.x ROM until HTC release the official effort. It's no small task to produce a working ROM!

I'm aware it's no small task, - I'm a programmer myself... However, I'm successfully using kagudroid, and bar a few small niggles and bugs I'm finding it a better experience that any of the more robust 1.5 ROM's. :)

Edited by karumbo

You're absolutely right, in any 2.x ROM works with camera at 5MP, the Bluetooth hands-free, but it is true that some work better than others, eg the KaguDroid openGL works quite well, whereas in others not.

Guest karumbo
Here is the git repository of the KaguDroid build : http://github.com/loxK/android_vendor_community

Thankyou.

I see that in the hero folder is the Kernel. It appears as a single binary at present. Where would I find the source / kernel config for this as I believe the bug I'm looking at resides in there. Or, am I being naive here and missing something fundamental - like we don't have the sources or something? :)

Guest rafelBEV
Thankyou.

I see that in the hero folder is the Kernel. It appears as a single binary at present. Where would I find the source / kernel config for this as I believe the bug I'm looking at resides in there. Or, am I being naive here and missing something fundamental - like we don't have the sources or something? :)

I managed to build from that git tree. However I can't make an update.zip as the make otapackage target spits out some errors. I know that lox has some pending fixes for the script. If only we can get that fixed, we could at least experiment a bit more with the ROM.