LockBot replaced my homescreen!! HELP!!!

Guest miragebg

Guest miragebg

Please help me, LockBot replaced my homescreen and now after boot I cannot pass the lockscreen. I could only go to FSExplorer as it is in notification bar. How to turn LockBot off??

Guest paolo1976

You can't access anything unlocking?

You need to access to Settings - Applications - Manage applications and then select Lockbot and remove association.. Try, hope it works

Guest miragebg
You can't access anything unlocking?

You need to access to Settings - Applications - Manage applications and then select Lockbot and remove association.. Try, hope it works

The only way I manged to get rid was via ESExplorer in the notification bar. But it seems that will be a problem every time I reboot my phone and have LockBot installed...that's weird...how can I boot normally and use LockBot at the same time?

Guest iirawkusll

1. remove lockbot as default settings.

2. set HTC Sense or Home as default

3. reinstall/set up Lockbot

4. put phone to sleep and when the prompt pops up set HTC Sense or Home as default.

hope that works.

Guest Callum MR

This is from memory but if you know what LockBot's apk is called (possibly Lockbot.apk)

Use adb and enter the following

adb remount

adb shell rm /data/app/Lockbot.apk

You could replace Lockbot.apk with *lockbot* (adb shell rm /data/app/*lockbot*) if Lockbot.apk returns an error.

Then pressing home should ask what you want to use, and of course you choose Sense UI.

Hope that works.

Edited by Callum MR

You could replace Lockbot.apk with *lockbot* (adb shell rm /data/app/*lockbot*) if Lockbot.apk returns an error.

make that *ockbot* and the command is case-insensitive...

other than that i agree, this is probably the easiest way to undo what you did. hope this is a lesson, if it says "don't do this!" they probably mean it... :)

Guest infernal.king
Please help me, LockBot replaced my homescreen and now after boot I cannot pass the lockscreen. I could only go to FSExplorer as it is in notification bar. How to turn LockBot off??

just press the home button continuously it will show you some recently used programs select any one of them, then once the program opens then press the home key once it always gives me the option of what i want to select....just select sense ui. If it doesnt work....just do a nandroid restore.