Can't connect to Mobile Internet after a night of Wifi

Guest qvert

When i am Home i turn on my Wifi on the hero, but when i go to sleep and wake up after a few hours i am not able to connect to the mobile internet again. If i switch between 2g und 3g Networks or use the Flight Mode, the hero connects again.

Does anyone has the same problems?

I think there must be a way to avoid this and only turn of wifi and everything should work correct?

Guest blackcoffee85

I occasionally have problems connecting to Wifi, but never problems with 3g. Haven't figured out if it's a problem with MoDaCo or my wireless access point or what.

overall currently i am using MCR 3.2 Beta 3 and the radio

*JU_6.35.09.26

but i had the issue with other MCR Roms too and i think with other radios too

@blackcoffee85 it seems that the Hero can't communicate to a few wifi-routers when they are not using the correct encryption, i think the router needs to use AES Encryption

Guest blackcoffee85
overall currently i am using MCR 3.2 Beta 3 and the radio

*JU_6.35.09.26

but i had the issue with other MCR Roms too and i think with other radios too

@blackcoffee85 it seems that the Hero can't communicate to a few wifi-routers when they are not using the correct encryption, i think the router needs to use AES Encryption

Unfortunately the problem is more intermittent than that - generally it connects, just occasionally it won't.

Guest soulehs

Maybe your mobile internet thinks you cheated on it with your wifi, so now it isnt talking to you.

Should be better in a few days, try buying it flowers...

On a serious note, try a wipe and a reflash (make a nandroid first of course).

Edited by soulehs

I wipe my device nearly every week because i flash a lot of roms

and i have the issues everytime when going back to mcr X.X ... don't know if i have it when using any 2.X Rom because most of them will be replaced in a few hours because they are to buggy

so wiping was not the solution

Guest Pikkie86

I have exactly the same problem.. when I go to sleep I turn off my mobile network so that my phone stops updating & checking mails when I'm sleeping. Then when I wake up I have to do the 2G/3G thing before it will connect again. It's weird!

This issue is definitely more prevalent since I went to MCR 3.0 from Orange 2.73. I quite frequently get network errors when using the market or the browser just freezes. If i disconnect and reconnect mobile network its ok again. Very frustrating.