add more home screens

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi, what I liked about the tmobile pulse stock rom was that I could add so many home screens, now im using the vanilla style rom based on the u8230 and the 3 home screen limitation is really annoying me, is there a file somewhere in the system to increase that amount to 7 (vertically, not a fan of the horizontal ones)

PS I dont want to install any 3rd party home screen replacements as all are too ram intensive for me

Edited by Richard_Arkless

No, the limit is 3 I believe.

Newer versions of Android do (I think) have it working, but those versions are not on the pulse yet.

You could always download the T-Mobile stock ROM

Guest robot1000
Hi, what I liked about the tmobile pulse stock rom was that I could add so many home screens, now im using the vanilla style rom based on the u8230 and the 3 home screen limitation is really annoying me, is there a file somewhere in the system to increase that amount to 7 (vertically, not a fan of the horizontal ones)

PS I dont want to install any 3rd party home screen replacements as all are too ram intensive for me

No way of doing it, apart from going down the 3rd party apps route

Guest Harash!
ok thanks, guess im gonna have to wait until 2.0 is released then

AFAIK, Android 2.0 still has the same 3 windowed homescreen, the new 7 windowed one comes with 2.1

Guest Richard_Arkless

yea but doesnt 2.1 use the same kernel so it should be fairly simple to get the 2.1 to work once 2.0 is released, that is what I meant, sorry for the confusion

AFAIK, Android 2.0 still has the same 3 windowed homescreen, the new 7 windowed one comes with 2.1
Edited by Richard_Arkless

yea but doesnt 2.1 use the same kernel so it should be fairly simple to get the 2.1 to work once 2.0 is released, that is what I meant, sorry for the confusion

1.6 uses the same kernel as 1.5 :)

the problem is that Huawei make more changes than just the kernel, and updating usually either requires their blessing or a lot of work.