possible bricked liquid looking for help

Guest fenrer

Guys I did something stupid and interrupted the update to 2.000.03, I cannot get into fast boot, I cannot get the thing to boot up, it cycles on the acer boot up screen. And it also doesn't get far enough to be detected by my pc to re run the update tool.. Any help will be appreciated.. thanks in advance.

Guys I did something stupid and interrupted the update to 2.000.03, I cannot get into fast boot, I cannot get the thing to boot up, it cycles on the acer boot up screen. And it also doesn't get far enough to be detected by my pc to re run the update tool.. Any help will be appreciated.. thanks in advance.

can u enter recovery mode? try enter recovery mode or fastboot mode and see if the acer tool recognises it..i thisnk it shd recognise and u can start the flashing again

i dont get why ppl screw something as simple as this up?

it says dont unplug the usb and the fact its flashing should mean, get a cofee break or something.

as to your solution im really not sure.

if it cant boot to neither recovery nor bootloader i dont think thers much you can do tbh

* enter fastboot mode with usb plugged in

* flash lickonn recovery again

* enter recovery mode

* start acer a1 tool (runme) and flash again

to enter fastboot mode disconnect battery, plug usb cable, insert battery, camera + power

Edited by chunga

Guest navygino

connect USB, press Vol up + Cam + Power to get into Recovery Mode and you should be able to flash it again with the A1 Tool.

Edited by navygino

Guest chewtoy0

I flashed that rom too.

Now I can't get the phone into recovery or fastboot. No key combo or adb command works.

Windows 7 isn't seeing the device under ADB or whichever shows up in the device manager. Yes I have the drivers installed.

Before this update (using the Acer tool) everything worked fine.

I have an Acer downloader, but I am seeking this runme.exe as well. I wish to restore my phone or flash 1.08

thanks in advance.

I know i did something stupid in reflection but telling me again dosen't help

problems are:

1. OS mode simply loops the acer logo

2. fastboot mode is unattainable on this rom

3. recovery mode also does not work.

any ideas are welcome.

Guest emerald7086

The issue of couldn't load into bootloader mode is a KNOWN one as stated in the other thread, but that doesn't mean you couldn't flash or root...

1.if you keep seeing the logo, which means the machine could be switch on, then that's a chance to re-flash

2.check the file size of the rom, it should be something about 133m, i got mine bricked (once) with a corrupted rom

3.take out the batteries, then once you plug the usb, the screen would show an icon of batteries, put the batt back, press the camera and the power button till it vibrates

4.then you should get the brick connected

5.continue the drive to flash

enjoy!

The issue of couldn't load into bootloader mode is a KNOWN one as stated in the other thread, but that doesn't mean you couldn't flash or root...

1.if you keep seeing the logo, which means the machine could be switch on, then that's a chance to re-flash

2.check the file size of the rom, it should be something about 133m, i got mine bricked (once) with a corrupted rom

3.take out the batteries, then once you plug the usb, the screen would show an icon of batteries, put the batt back, press the camera and the power button till it vibrates

4.then you should get the brick connected

5.continue the drive to flash

enjoy!

Thanks for your good intentions but the problem with this rom is it screws up bootloader mode, pressing camera + power on only powers the device on. Attempting recovery mode puts a blank screen on. Only button combo that works is the hard reset which allows a yes/no option before entering the normal broken boot process..

btw, I tried the battery power/camera button combo many times but it the phone just attempts to boot into normal OS, rather then staying on anything useful.

anymore ideas are welcome.

Edited by fenrer

Guest navygino
Thanks for your good intentions but the problem with this rom is it screws up bootloader mode, pressing camera + power on only powers the device on. Attempting recovery mode puts a blank screen on. Only button combo that works is the hard reset which allows a yes/no option before entering the normal broken boot process..

btw, I tried the battery power/camera button combo many times but it the phone just attempts to boot into normal OS, rather then staying on anything useful.

anymore ideas are welcome.

The "blank screen" on can allow you to flash again...

The "blank screen" on can allow you to flash again...

You mean the blank screen on recovery mode? I tried that the pc didn't pick up the usb device.

As for fastboot/bootloader mode the phone just reboots.

I'll give it another go when I get home.. and thanks for the advice.

alrighty managed to flash 2.000.3 rom thanks ppls...

turns out that if I keep hitting the recovery mode combo... eventually lickonn's recovery image actually booted... so it eventually flashed.

• 1 month later...
Guest willyaranda

I'm not able to do the things to get the black screen, any tips?

remove battery -> put usb cable connected to the pc -> put the battery... (wait for the icon showing there is no battery?) -> hold camera -> tap power... (wait some time or release as i press power?)

thanks!

Guest willyaranda
I'm not able to do the things to get the black screen, any tips?

remove battery -> put usb cable connected to the pc -> put the battery... (wait for the icon showing there is no battery?) -> hold camera -> tap power... (wait some time or release as i press power?)

thanks!

replying to myself: it's hold camera + "<" button + power

then using "superboot" from the market

1. turn off your phone (and unplug usb if plugged)

2. press camera + volume up and then without releasing this two buttons hit power and the phone will vibrate two times. Release all buttons.

3. take the battery out and put it back (don't touch any button on the phone)

4. connect the usb to your computer and you will the acer logo and then bootloader will pop up.