HTC Hero Tethering and Hot Phone

Guest erugalatha

Guest erugalatha

Hello.

Does anyone else have a problem when they use Wifi Tethering app that their HTC Hero gets extremely hot?

I have tried it while plugged into USB and with the phone not plugged into USB.

With the phone free it still gets hot but the battery drains really fast (faster than normal :))

Anyone else have this problem and know a fix other than putting it in a glass of ice?

Guest stevenz
Does anyone else have a problem when they use Wifi Tethering app that their HTC Hero gets extremely hot?

I have tried it while plugged into USB and with the phone not plugged into USB.

With the phone free it still gets hot but the battery drains really fast (faster than normal :) )

Anyone else have this problem and know a fix other than putting it in a glass of ice?

High battery drain due to high power usage = heat. Nothing you can do about it.

You cannae change the laws of physics. (Or thermodynamics for that matter).

Is it possible to use Hero without battery, just with power cable attached?

I don't think so. AFAIK, the phone can't boot without the battery present (I don't think it charges during the bootup process, hence the red LED going out)

I may be wrong though, so it's worth a try. I reckon nothing will happen though till you put a battery in...

Guest shenshang

tomorrow ill play around with a piece of wire and blutack and the pins. see if i can connect any of the 2 together and get it working...but i doubt i will....it wont have valid battery info, since batteries these days all have a microchip in it >_>

Guest mantrajt

Hi

I´m also using my phone for internet tethering and it gets really hot, I use it with USB connection to my PC to stop battery drain. Also (don´t know if it is a coincidence) my led starts flashing green and orange, green and orange...don´t know if it is an overheat warning or not. So I disconnected and stop tethering. That´s my experience.

Bye.