22/Jan 1.8 Beta 2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM with online kitchen - LIMITED BETA

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest blaze23
Yea that's the dialer/key pad I have during a phone call. It is strange that it's only during a phone call that it appears, but I think all custom roms have elements of the t-mob rom in them (kernel?), hence the t-mob boot screen when phone is turned on, the mms issue of directing to t-mob as default and this...

im not using the beta myself but i can confirm that im getting the same issue on 1.7. i wouldnt mind if the normal dialer looked like this too, as i actualy quite like the tmobile dialer, but it seems odd having one style for the normal dialer and another for the incall dialer.

weird.....

Guest screwface

Yeah the t mobile dialer looks nicer than the stock android rom. The t mobile dialer always shows up when you press the emergency call button on the lock screen.

Paul i was wondering if for the next rom you could make it faster for the screen to turn on when a call is incoming because at the moment it takes a couple of secs for it to come on. Also- when i press the green button from the main menu, it takes a few seconds for it to show the call log regardless of whether theres 1 called saved or 500. Is there any way this could be shortened?

Thx for ur time

I can confirm the keypad is NOT pink on the U8230 edition.

P

Not pink but behaves a little oddly. When accessing dialer you get the default pad with round buttons but when bringing up the pad in-call you get the stock t-mobile one (square buttons).

Guest stupidm4n

post-340741-1264685807_thumb.pngpost-340741-1264685814_thumb.pngpost-340741-1264685820_thumb.pngpost-340741-1264685826_thumb.png

1st is emergency call, 2nd is Dialer, 3rd is dialpad in call

this is using 1.7. cant use 1.8 as it keeps crashing on dialer and contacts and market using the U8230 rom

Guest le_lutin
post-340741-1264685807_thumb.pngpost-340741-1264685814_thumb.pngpost-340741-1264685820_thumb.pngpost-340741-1264685826_thumb.png

this is using 1.7. cant use 1.8 as it keeps crashing on dialer and contacts and market using the U8230 rom

I can confirm that it's the same for me on 1.7. Hadn't noticed before.

Guest Totyasrác

Anyone has tried upgrading from 1.7 to 1.8 and then getting back to 1.7 so far (Vanilla cores)?

I really would like to avoid losing all my contacts/settings/apps/etc. but also not much into risky backup/restore issues... 1.7 works extremely fine but I am pretty curious about the new 1.8...

If I do a Nandroid backup before installing 1.8 and then just restoring that Nandroid backup - will it place me back to exactly where I've started from?

I also got issues with dialer and contacts using beta 1.8 using U8230 rom.

Guest souljah777

Paul,

thanks for the ROM and the uber easy kitchen. I was never able to get into cooking WinMo ROMs as I could never get my head round the kitchens and have very limited time to study stuff like that. The ability to just choose what you want and cook is phenomenal.

I've only encountered one issue so far which may be ROM related but may also be down to the program itself. When I try to batch backup or restore in Titanium it seems to freeze and I have to kill and reboot to get it to work. The other way has been to delete the backup information from the SD card and then perform a backup.

No other issues so far but I'll need to stop flashing different ROMs for at least a few days to get some consistent use out of the device.

Thanks again mate. :)

Edited by souljah777

Guest Totyasrác

Hi Paul,

I have NOT done any wipe (I guessed ugrading from 1.7 Vanilla to 1.8 Vanilla would require no such thing) and everything went smoothly. There was only one thing I couldn't do with 1.8: that's using my phone as a phone B)

Trying to open Contacts os Dialer it resulted in " application contacts has stopped unexpectedly - Force close" :)

So I'll patiently wait for the next (non-Beta) version (since I am completely satisfied with 1.7 custom ROM so far), I was just a bit curious :D

Edited by Totyasrác

Hi Paul,

I have NOT done any wipe (I guessed ugrading from 1.7 Vanilla to 1.8 Vanilla would require no such thing) and everything went smoothly. There was only one thing I couldn't do with 1.8: that's using my phone as a phone B)

Trying to open Contacts os Dialer it resulted in " application contacts has stopped unexpectedly - Force close" :)

So I'll patiently wait for the next (non-Beta) version (since I am completely satisfied with 1.7 custom ROM so far), I was just a bit curious :D

It's probably a good idea to try wiping, it does fix all sorts of issues like that.

do something like:

take a nandroid backup.

wipe.

install 1.8

Then you can just restore the backup to get to where you were.

(if you use Titanium backup, then you shouldn't even need to lose any data)

Guest Totyasrác
It's probably a good idea to try wiping, it does fix all sorts of issues like that.

do something like:

take a nandroid backup.

wipe.

install 1.8

Well, it is always mentioned that no wipe is required (unless it's the first upgrade from factory ROM to any custom one)... I'll may give it another shot and we'll see - if all goes wrong I can still do a Nandroid restore :)

Well, it is always mentioned that no wipe is required (unless it's the first upgrade from factory ROM to any custom one)... I'll may give it another shot and we'll see - if all goes wrong I can still do a Nandroid restore :)

... or you use it as a fire starter for a nice Körömpörkölt ... B)

Edited by Phanes

Possible fix for the Contacts Dialer crash.

libtouchpal.so is needed for some strange reason, I tried on 1.7 to remove touchpal by hand and contacts/dialer crashed after removing libtouchpal.so

You don't need the APK or ODEX.

I've attached the missing .so below (Paul feel free to remove it if needed)

commands to install it

adb remount

adb push libtouchpal.so /system/lib/libtouchpal.so

No reboot is required

I have not tried this on 1.8 myself as I'm currently running my own custom ROM (Based on 1.7 MCR)

Also the pink background in the dialer is caused by /system/app/Phone.apk that contains the pink graphics

libtouchpal.zip

Edited by klutsh

Guest stupidm4n
Possible fix for the Contacts Dialer crash.

libtouchpal.so is needed for some strange reason, I tried on 1.7 to remove touchpal by hand and contacts/dialer crashed after removing libtouchpal.so

Thanks for this got 1.8 running now.

It's not exactly the right orange, but it's not pink ;)

I'll get the apk uploaded in a few hours once I'm sure I don't suffer any unexpected force closes

post-105629-1265155139_thumb.png