Including Apps2SD

Guest Exit93

I'm cooking a rom and i want to include MoDaCo's automatic apps2sd, can you help me?

are you sure you should be cooking roms with features you don't understand? and you should state your problem here, the answer to your question would be "yes, we can help you"...

are you sure you should be cooking roms with features you don't understand? and you should state your problem here, the answer to your question would be "yes, we can help you"...

How can I understant something if nobody teach me?

I've already seen a2sd script in /system/bin folder, I just don't know how to make it automatic

So if you don't want to help just tell

How can I understant something if nobody teach me?

I've already seen a2sd script in /system/bin folder, I just don't know how to make it automatic

So if you don't want to help just tell

what's with the attitude, i said you need to state your problem, you didn't even say where your problem was, the answer could have been "go to a store and buy a hero". you have to show a little effort if you want anyone to help you.

start it in the ramdisk in init.rc, good luck.

what's with the attitude, i said you need to state your problem, you didn't even say where your problem was, the answer could have been "go to a store and buy a hero". you have to show a little effort if you want anyone to help you.

start it in the ramdisk in init.rc, good luck.

I'm sorry if i seemed grumpy

In any case, i gave a look to init.rc file, there are some lines about a2sd, including this:

start a2sd
and this
service a2sd /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/sh /system/bin/a2sd

So i have only to copy a2sd script in system/bin, right?

Edited by Exit93

see, now we have a conversation :)

i am not entirely sure what logwrapper does, but otherwise this should do it. just test with a simple script that writes something to a file on the sdcard or whatever...

edit: logwrapper does this:

Usage: logwrapper [-x] BINARY [ARGS ...]

Forks and executes BINARY ARGS, redirecting stdout and stderr to

the Android logging system. Tag is set to BINARY, priority is

always LOG_INFO.

-x: Causes logwrapper to SIGSEGV when BINARY terminates

fault address is set to the status of wait()

Edited by kendon

Guest Dr. dre

I want to do this thing on a generic Hero ROM and not on a Modaco custom ROM, so i don't have this script init.rc file in my /system/bin/ folder.

Edited by Dr. dre

I want to do this thing on a generic Hero ROM and not on a Modaco custom ROM, so i don't have this script init.rc file in my /system/bin/ folder.

init.rc is in your ramdisk, you need to find out how to get it from boot.img. after you edited it you need to put it back in the ramdisk and rebuild boot.img. not hard, but not trivial either.

init.rc is in your ramdisk, you need to find out how to get it from boot.img. after you edited it you need to put it back in the ramdisk and rebuild boot.img. not hard, but not trivial either.

hi kendon can u tell more step by step about this!!

lot of us newbs are interested in this adventure!!

Ok, i tried to make a script called a2sd and i put that in /system/bin

it has this code in

#!/system/bin/sh

#

mkdir /sdcard/testfolder

But it doesn't work, the folder doesn't appear

Any ideas?

Edited by Exit93

Guest Dr. dre

Kendon i have that script file init.rc, Actually i'm all new to this so i'll be very thankfull if you can give me a step by step procedure to edit that file and what to do after that.

Edited by Dr. dre

hi kendon can u tell more step by step about this!!

lot of us newbs are interested in this adventure!!

Kendon i have that script file init.rc, Actually i'm all new to this so i'll be very thankfull if you can give me a step by step procedure to edit that file and what to do after that.

like i said, it is not trivial...

most of the information (if not all) you need is in there. if you have specific questions how to do this in linux (esp. ubuntu) you can ask them here, but i don't have time to walk you through "how do i use a script" or stuff like that...

edit: lol, i actually forgot to paste the link. the information is in there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551711

Ok, i tried to make a script called a2sd and i put that in /system/bin

it has this code in

#!/system/bin/sh

#

mkdir /sdcard/testfolder

But it doesn't work, the folder doesn't appear

Any ideas?

did you start it in init.rc? did you check logcat (or whereever logwrapper directs the output) for errors?

Edited by kendon

can't find where logwrapper saves log

The init.rc code about a2sd is

this

start a2sd
and this

disabled

oneshot

Should I remove disabled?

If yes how can i do this by an update-script? I read modaco's script but it doesn't edit init.rc file

can't find where logwrapper saves log

The init.rc code about a2sd is

this

start a2sd
and this

disabled

oneshot

Should I remove disabled?

If yes how can i do this by an update-script? I read modaco's script but it doesn't edit init.rc file

i think the "disabled" is correct, but idk about the syntax of that file... it is in mcr aswell, so it should be right.

the init.rc is flashed with the boot.img that is included in the update.zip. you have to create a new boot.img (which contains the ramdisk which contains init.rc) for your rom, you can not alter files inside the ramdisk once it is on the phone. check my previous post, i added the link i forgot.

i think the "disabled" is correct, but idk about the syntax of that file... it is in mcr aswell, so it should be right.

the init.rc is flashed with the boot.img that is included in the update.zip. you have to create a new boot.img (which contains the ramdisk which contains init.rc) for your rom, you can not alter files inside the ramdisk once it is on the phone. check my previous post, i added the link i forgot.

If so, why my script doesn't work?