Help me get Wireless Tether working on MCR

Guest PaulOBrien

Not fully working but...

I uninstalled after I got force closes on the tether app in the ROM. Reinstalled the version called Wireless_tether_2_0_pre1-eclair from the devs site.

Installed and this ran without force closes, allowed me to see the Nexus on my laptop, even connected after a long while, but wouldn't let me onto the internet.

Dunno if that helps - Dayz

Dev posted some stuff here too http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...s/detail?id=232

Edited by Dayzee

Interesting.

I'll be posting a Beta of MCR for NexusOne 1.3 soon, which has a new kernel and working Wired Tether, so I imagine we should have working Wireless Tether shortly! :)

P

Guest Mantisen
Interesting.

I'll be posting a Beta of MCR for NexusOne 1.3 soon, which has a new kernel and working Wired Tether, so I imagine we should have working Wireless Tether shortly! :)

P

New kernel as in .32 or as in the updated kernel that is needed for tethering? :)

tried your new beta rom, works nice and i can do wired tether now.

been playing around with 2.6.32 a bit, so i changed the kernel config for 2.6.32 according to your netfilter-config.

while this did not help me with wired tether, it did for wireless. [wireless_tether_2_0_pre1-eclair.apk]

once you manually set the ip of eth0 to x.x.x.254 (according to your selected network)it works :)

will try out the new svn-version now and see if this workaround is still needed.

ok got it.

they do try to set the ip and all in res/raw/tether_edify - but they use the wrong path for ifconfig. its in /system/xbin not /system/bin. placed a symlink in /system/bin and now it works.

edit: just rebooted in your 2.6.29 and installed wireless_tether_2_0_pre1-eclair.apk. works too :)

Edited by xkonni

Awesome, updated my 1.3 to Beta 2 with this fix! :)

P

I installed 1.3 Final but Wireless Tether still crashes on start.

I completly wiped the system before I put on this rom, so does anybody have an idea how I can fix this?

thanks in advance