process com.google.android.apps.maps stopped

Guest Kocka

Hello

i have used this guy to install custom rom http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...e-how-to-guide/

and i have manage to install "core", 'Enhanced' add on pack, Wavesecure and Boot Sounds.

and all was great, just my google maps stoped working. I searched for it on market, but there isnt for me.

i have found some solution to clear maps data/cache, but it isnt working for me.

Any solution? i was htinking to uninstall it and instal again, but i cant find where to download it, as i said, it isnt on market.

thx

Guest volatile_ink
Hello

i have used this guy to install custom rom http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...e-how-to-guide/

and i have manage to install "core", 'Enhanced' add on pack, Wavesecure and Boot Sounds.

and all was great, just my google maps stoped working. I searched for it on market, but there isnt for me.

i have found some solution to clear maps data/cache, but it isnt working for me.

Any solution? i was htinking to uninstall it and instal again, but i cant find where to download it, as i said, it isnt on market.

thx

To uninstall and reinstall Google Maps:

1. Uninstall Maps using a program like 'App Manager'

2. Download MCR and open the zip file

3. Goto /data/app

4. extract com.google.android.apps.maps.apk

5. Copy the file to your SD card

6. Install the apk and reboot

7. Let us know how it goes.  :)

Edited by volatile_ink

wohoooo...its working now... thanks!

anyway, i got 2 new issues now which i cant fix...:)

send/recive picture through bluetooth.....

i downloaded some application from market.. bluetooth file transfer, and i got option to send picture, but i cant connect to other phone...

same problem when someone is trying to send picture to me...

and 2nd problem is with MMS, i updated my APN for mms with details i got from my t-mobile (croatia)...

and when someone send me mms, it opens like normal sms, just i got option there to download picture.

and this download is always unsuccessful.

any solution for this?