A *very* simple app request: "Run..." program

Guest Saracen

Guest Saracen

Some of the apps, NotBad springs to mind, have already implemented a directory tree structure "Open" dialog box. Can someone please implement a "Run.." program, where you simply navigate the directories in your phone and select a file to run?

This is for those of us who have not bought ALL-Explorer, and who are sick of creating shortcuts and deleting them every time we want to install something.

BTW, excellent work guys. I'm too stuck programming a comms chip in VHDL to even think about doing any SPV development. Maybe in the summer.

Looking forward to that Mboden ;)

Is it gonna have all the same functions as all-explorer? Like copy/paste, search function, able to see free disk space, etc?

Seriously MBoden, I'd get in contact with Microsoft or someone cos your talents are wasted on us humble SPV owners.

Although please keep the apps and games coming ;)

I haven't decided what features will go into SPVCommander and i havn't seen ALL-Explorer , but will make what i feel is needed.

I must warn you though , it will probably be cheapware i.e. 2£ to download

£2 would be great. I'd have payed that for notbad, and definately would have payed more than that for taskmanager. Some of the signed apps are 'aving a larf tho, £10 each for each tube map?

keep up the good work

Kevlar

Hehe, i have NotBad V2 almost finished, it has copy/cut/paste and wordwrap, just need to do the "find" function and decide wheter or not to do a replace function too

so many projects, so little time ;)

Guest frankwilliams
Some of the apps, NotBad springs to mind, have already implemented a directory tree structure "Open" dialog box. Can someone please implement a "Run.." program, where you simply navigate the directories in your phone and select a file to run?

This is for those of us who have not bought ALL-Explorer, and who are sick of creating shortcuts and deleting them every time we want to install something.

BTW, excellent work guys. I'm too stuck programming a comms chip in VHDL to even think about doing any SPV development. Maybe in the summer.

In Internet explorer type the command file://

for a program located in storage card the following example:

file://storage cardfilename.exe

hit go.

What you really want is a program to delete files!

Sounds great, now get back to work!!!! ;) . Seriously, you should be charging for these apps, not many people have the skills to write one themselves, and this must be taking up all of your time.

keep it up and good luck with the job hunting

Kevlar

Guest strathclydezero

Ah - the beerware principle. You buy a mate who does you a favour a pint, and for useful software it's only right to contribute the price of a pint.