Multitouch in the Nexus One browser

Guest Mantisen

Guest Mantisen

Read on Twitter (/cyanogen) that cyanogen got multitouch working in the Nexus One browser :) (There are instructions over at xda-developers).

Any chance of seeing this in MCR 1.4? :) Would be awsome!

Guest Mantisen
Yes, definitely coming in 1.4!

P

Me love you long time! :) Don't have time to try it out myself atm (catching a flight to ROMe (sorry couldn't resist the pun) , but the reports over at xda seems promising :)

awesome.

but it does not feel right somehow.

zooming in seems to change the page layout, like increasing font size.

for example an add was

bla bla 

blaa
and zooming in changed it to
bla

bla

blaa

i can not remember if thats the default behavior without multitouch, but i'm about to roll back and find out :)

edit: it is default. so multitouch works flawlessly ;D

Edited by xkonni

Guest Shuflie
the framework will make mt avaiable for other apps, too.

we'll have to wait a bit while cyanogen makes the job :)

I haven't looked at the XDA post but multitouch is already possible on the Nexus without any modification. I've used it in Dolphin Browser and a multitouch paint program that takes input from two fingers at the same time. Its the actual applications that need to be modified to support it.

Guest SeraphimSerapis
I haven't looked at the XDA post but multitouch is already possible on the Nexus without any modification. I've used it in Dolphin Browser and a multitouch paint program that takes input from two fingers at the same time. Its the actual applications that need to be modified to support it.

it's about mt for the stock-apps :) i know that mt is avaiable 'cause of eclair

does anyone heard any indication that when google rolls out the OTA updates for European N1, we people bought it the first batch of N1 from U.S. will or will not get multitouch as part of the update?

Guest Chris Jenx

yeh the MT doesn't quite feel right, Whether that's just because its been thrown in on top of the Standard browser i dont know, but feel as nice as the Hero, Still an awesome start, shame Google can't just tell apple to foff and make MT native.