Rooted for first time using flashrec and now stuck [SOLVED]

Guest byakkotai

Guest byakkotai

Hi, just got my replacement HTC Hero and tried to flash MoDaCo 3.1 onto it. It was firmware 1.76.x and I used flashrec (the latest version I could find) with Amon RA (1.5.2). However having flashed the ROM onto phone I am presented with the 'Hero' start screen. It has been like this for about 45 minutes with no change.

Does anyone know whats wrong?

Solved my problem guys.

Edited by byakkotai

Guest punkmonkey1984
Hi, just got my replacement HTC Hero and tried to flash MoDaCo 3.1 onto it. It was firmware 1.76.x and I used flashrec (the latest version I could find) with Amon RA (1.5.2). However having flashed the ROM onto phone I am presented with the 'Hero' start screen. It has been like this for about 45 minutes with no change.

Does anyone know whats wrong?

try doing a wipe then a fresh flash/install, if you did a nandroid back up, try that also if all fails

Guest byakkotai
try doing a wipe then a fresh flash/install, if you did a nandroid back up, try that also if all fails

But how do I shut it off? Do I just pull the battery?

Guest byakkotai
But how do I shut it off? Do I just pull the battery?

Well as I'm off out in about 30 mins I had to take the plunge and pull the battery. Went back into recovery and wiped, rebooted and then flashed from ZIP again. Its in the process of rebooting now. Fingers crossed