Resize EXT partition on SD card

Guest apelly

This evening I resized the EXT4 partition on my SD card. I used gparted from an ubuntu box (lazy but effective).

Some apps force close now. Googling hasn't helped much. The easiest solution seems to be reinstalling apps that don't work. OK this time, but really... wtf?

I can't see any error messages anywhere. dmesg says sfa. The partition appears fine. In fact I backed up one app with titanium backup and reinstalled it (app only) from said backup and now it works fine.

The calendar widget I use may offer some insight. It is displaying java security exception messages instead of calendar info. image attached.

Seems that somehow these apps have lost some android permissions.

Anyone got any idea what is going on?

post-631653-1264148395_thumb.png

Guest Igniztion

have you tried running the fix permissions script from AmonRa recovery?

If you used ubuntu with an sdcard reader and did this, you might've ended up changing permissions on all the apk's.

have you tried running the fix permissions script from AmonRa recovery?

If you used ubuntu with an sdcard reader and did this, you might've ended up changing permissions on all the apk's.

Yea. Checked permissions. All good.

This actually appears to be a case of applications not being granted access to android, like each app's user id changed.

Now that I think of it, I did boot the phone without the SD card in it. Has android cleaned up its permissions DB when it didn't find anything in /system/sd? Annoying, but plausible.