HTC Weather widget

Guest Shahz

Hey guys,

I prefer the HTC clock + weather widget on my Hero previously. I saw a YouTube clip having this widget on N1.. @_@ How was this done?

Any ideas how to get those widgets? The N1 weather widget is fine, but since my city's name is pretty long, the second figure of the temperature does not show even after removing and adding back the widget..Although I do love the backend detailed weather info of the N1 widget..I know combining both would not be possible, but at least getting the HTC widget would look really cool..

I did read a lot on beautiful widgets too but that in the video is not beautiful widgets..If you noticed closely, it even had the messages widget like the one Hero had (also HTC widget)..Beautiful widget does not have that which means, this N1 has something custom on it..

I'm sorry, I don't want to offend you guys, but please read my second response. The N1 also has the Messages widgets (which is not included in Beautiful Widgets). Please have a closer look at the widget. It is not beautiful widget. Besides, when the Beautiful widget's issue with HTC was resolved, N1 was not even launched yet.

Duh~ Posters who don't bother reading at all..The older version of beautiful widgets was replaced with the new one BEFORE N1 was even launched! And that N1 I showed in the video has a HTC message widget too which is not part of the beautiful widgets (nor the N1)..So if you don't know how they got the HTC widgets, please don't reply about beautiful widgets because I already know what is beautiful widgets, have bought them, know how they look like, and know what comes with it!

Anyone else?

Guest SeraphimSerapis

i still think it's beautiful widgets - there is on the one side the option to use skins and on the other side he just could have used an older .apk version.

the messaging widget is pure messanger afaik. atm there is no sense for n1.

That's why I'm wondering how did he get those Sense widgets. I have used Hero for fairly enough time and used those widgets on it too. I am currently using beautiful widgets on my N1 and they don't look the same. That messages widget is also a great widget from HTC. Is there no way to "extract" them from Hero?

Guest Driskol

To get the old look into the new version, just edit the apk files with the res/drawable from the old version on the new version and resing the apk :)

bye!

'weather widget donate' is what your looking for. h**p://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-androidapps-widget-weather2-pEp.aspx

Not beautiful widgets at all.

Just do a search of the market looking for the above you'll find it.

[EDIT] once DL you will need to click the application in the tray, this will open the options where you can dl the default skin. then install from sd. you can also dl the free forecast package so you get the cool animation.

snapshot.pngsnapshot2.png

Ta da!!

Edited by Wrake

The widgets in the video are beautiful widgets.

The only problem I have found with the Beautiful weather widget is the text doesn't get shown on the screen properly.

You don't want the messages widget anyway it just isn't as good as the HTC widget though it looks similar.

post-261619-1264283703_thumb.jpg

post-261619-1264283731_thumb.png

post-261619-1264283793_thumb.png

post-261619-1264283838_thumb.png

Thanks for the heads up Nanu*1

Well, I hope HTC will open up those widgets to Nexus One users too :)

Are you also using Launcher+ on your N1? Those icons on the left and right selection look familiar..I know I had them once but removed them because using that app didnt support Live Wallpapers..

Thanks for the heads up Nanu*1

Well, I hope HTC will open up those widgets to Nexus One users too :)

Are you also using Launcher+ on your N1? Those icons on the left and right selection look familiar..I know I had them once but removed them because using that app didnt support Live Wallpapers..

That is GDE desktop mate, it doesn't support live wall papers but I'd rather have their excellent application dock!

I wouldn't be surprised if HTC sense finds its way unofficially onto the N1 when the Bravo is released and I truly hope it does, coming from the Hero, even with 2.1 the N1 feels like a step backwards software wise!

I wouldn't be surprised if HTC sense finds its way unofficially onto the N1 when the Bravo is released and I truly hope it does, coming from the Hero, even with 2.1 the N1 feels like a step backwards software wise!

Couldn't agree less..While the hardware is a monster, the software needs a lot of additions..I miss a lot of stuff from my Hero too :)

Couldn't agree less..While the hardware is a monster, the software needs a lot of additions..I miss a lot of stuff from my Hero too :)

LOL surely you mean couldn't agree more??? :-)