T-Mobile Proxy

Guest pillock

Guest pillock

I'm playing around with i-Jetty and DynDNS, but have run into a problem... my Hero appears to be behind a proxy when on mobile network.

I'm on T-Mobile, with a T-Mobile branded phone running MCCR3.2. My IP address sent to DynDNS is in the 10.x.x.x range which I reckon is where the problem lies, T-Mobile use the 149.254.x.x range.

I know on WinMo I could turn the proxy off on T-Mobile which enabled me to use services they didn't allow, like Exchange syncing. It was a simple checkbox in the mobile network settings. I can't find anything similar in Android though, any ideas?

I just want to be able to access a website with myphonehostname.dyndns.org or similar, no matter if it's sat at home on wifi, or sat in my car at work on mobile network.

I'm playing around with i-Jetty and DynDNS, but have run into a problem... my Hero appears to be behind a proxy when on mobile network.

I'm on T-Mobile, with a T-Mobile branded phone running MCCR3.2. My IP address sent to DynDNS is in the 10.x.x.x range which I reckon is where the problem lies, T-Mobile use the 149.254.x.x range.

I know on WinMo I could turn the proxy off on T-Mobile which enabled me to use services they didn't allow, like Exchange syncing. It was a simple checkbox in the mobile network settings. I can't find anything similar in Android though, any ideas?

I just want to be able to access a website with myphonehostname.dyndns.org or similar, no matter if it's sat at home on wifi, or sat in my car at work on mobile network.

Same here. I don't use dyndns, I just tried it to see if I could help. I'm, T-Mob UK too. I wonder if this works through NAT. ie. can you run this on a PC on your wifi network at home, and see its external address? I think this is a NAT issue that would be tricky to resolve (how does the T-Mob router know which of the many users on that ip-address the incoming connection should go in to.

Have you tried ssh-ing into the phone's external IP before now? If it works, they don't use NAT AFAIK, and this is just a bug :), but if it doesn't work, it could be NAT and not easily fixable B)