Samsung mediaplayer

Guest gmortena

Guest darknessviking

the player that comes with it plays several of the most usual files..

other then that it has windows media player who play a couple of formats too..

Guest mementomori
are there any mediaplayer for this phone thats free and has a lot of codecs ? like vlc or so? that can play avi, divx etc etc?

coreplayer..not free. maybe kimona free player

Edited by mementomori

• 3 months later...
Guest me00016

ok, here is my story after a hard day's night...

Ripped my movie from the DVD, compressed it with subs and all using pocked divxencoder and threw the 700mb avi into my storage... (usual story)

Played the file with the excellent ( B) ) samsung media player but, hey, that was way wideview ( B) ) I know what 16:9 pixelratio looks like, but-but-but this was a ribbon movie to watch, not wide view!!!

...and then I thought "hey! there is somewhere in the player that ONLY setting that stretches the video a little, to fit the whole screen (or there is not?). Well, no, nothing happened by tapping settings-adjust ratio-distort (translated) :blink:

...and then I remembered there is the do-it-all TCPMP player, or Coreplayer, for me is one and the same. So, I installed TCPMP :P , prayed :huh: , opened the file and :o

my video is displayed half green! Horizontally! Same with coreplayer! Ironically, it can be stretched so that it best fits the screen! But still I can see only the upper half of the video. The rest is pure bright green. I'm telling you is like ghostbuster's green blob!

Windows player plays the darn file without the green soup, but again it is sooo much WIDE. Some black bars about 1cm up, 1cm down, above and beneath the 16:9 (supposed to be) aspect ratio.

Now I am going slightly mad :D

Ideas, anybody?

Edited by me00016

Guest gmortena

hmm bought coreplayer but it wont install. the cab files says that the phone cant be installed.. omg 30$ out of the window oor?

is it my phone version that dont handle it? help please