problems of my hero, please help.

Guest ralliaer677

Guest ralliaer677

my hero was flashed my recovery to RA 1.2.3 by flashrec and flashed to modaco 2.8 core chinese. i would like to update to recovery 1.5.2 now, but when i open flashrec that doesn't allow me to flash it. what can i do? and any different with 1.2.3 and 1.5.2? last question is, is it my hero was rooted already? if not, what i do to root my hero? thx

Yes, your phone is rooted now :)

I had the same question as you. The only solution I could come up wtih was restoring my very first nandroid backup (of the rom where I originally used flash rec), put the new recovery image on, then nandroid restore modaco.

Guest volatile_ink
Yes, your phone is rooted now :)

I had the same question as you. The only solution I could come up wtih was restoring my very first nandroid backup (of the rom where I originally used flash rec), put the new recovery image on, then nandroid restore modaco.

Or you could just follow the instructions here. Scroll down the page for the section titled 'Install'.

Edited by volatile_ink

Just a quick but relevant hijack of this thread...

1. Why doesnt the flashrec method work with an MCR rom installed

2. I have an older version of the Amon_RA recovery installed, 1.2.2, how crucial is it that I upgrade to a newer recovery image? I only ever really use it for nandroid backups and installing update.zips. I have MCR 3.0 installed and flashrec doesn't work as described by OP.

cheers