METRO - Map/Tube/Bus software

Guest madu

Well, I did my homework and 'metro' search did not return many posts. I think it was Smartphony where I found this lovely thingie. Check it out - pretty extensive coverage and should work on SP - at least it says it does.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/tatami/Metro/

BTW: Emailed myself a copy of that .cab file, but unable to install. Ofcourse running an attached 432432xxxx.mbf file renamed to a .cab

metroanim10.gif

metro_start.gif

Yes P. I have not had a chance to test it on my SPV. Wouldn't wanna advert. something that cannot be guaranteed to work at least on 1SPV ;)

It won't install when I email myself the cab. It needs renaming I guess to the original filename which I cannot do since there must be an _underscore_ and that AllExp can't manage.

Not sure if I need to appologize, but apparently it is not yet availible for download as it is only a Beta1. I will be emailed a copy (I hope) for testing sometime later today.

The app looks pretty cool and seems to be more, much more functional than all those £10 Tube apps. which I don't have and think is a ripoff!!

So for the timebeing enjoy the pictures ;) and don't buy TUBE (anti-ad) he he.

Guest Shuflie

Got a copy of the Beta software through and it looks really nice. Came with a database for london. Just type in the name of the closest landmark to your current position and where you want to go an up pops instructions on how to get there in the quickest time.

Before anyone asks I don't know whether the author would be very happy if the beta software was distributed without him knowing who got it, so if you want a copy you will have to go to his web site and request a copy from there, he has an email address you can send your requests to.

Guest fvancaen

Dear All,

I m one of the 2 developpers. For security reason, I prefere that the users use direclty a file from me and soon from the website. Now you can get it directly on the website.

Also you can use the 200 files from the original distribution.

I don t want to pay 600US$ fr the signature and also I don t want to ask money from the users or push them to decerfitied thei SPV. If somebody knows some official solution ?

More than 50 users use Metro at the moment on SPV without any problem.

regards

frank

Guest Shuflie

Hi Frank, there is a post going on in the main section of the forum about certification and setting up a fund to certify freeware apps. I think that Metro would be a very good example of the type of software that should benefit from this when its going.

Guest Shuflie

I was about to say that the official web site link doesn't work when I realised that it was because of the '.' at the end of the address which shouldn't be there. If anyone else is having problem just delete the full stop.