Issues with Windows Mobile Device Center

Guest level140

Guest level140

When I install it, I get the driver error "Windows mobile remote adapter:Failed"

Windows 7 x64, not a clue what's wrong

Anyone have teamviewer?

Edited by level140

Guest nmayer79
I've given up. I've done those suggestions already. I'll just flash on my laptop

having exact same problem, tried uninstalling, reinstalling etc... windows 7 x64. dont have a laptop to fall back on either......

ready to move on from 28014, no offense storm.

Edited by nmayer79

Guest DirtySanchez
having exact same problem, tried uninstalling, reinstalling etc... windows 7 x64. dont have a laptop to fall back on either......

ready to move on from 28014, no offense storm.

One thing you need to keep in mind there are a few things that will not allow for WMDC to work.

1. all new roms for win 6.5 have a newer thing called Advanced Network Functionality you can find it in start/settings/connections/USB to PC try to toggle this on and off, I have found if you are using a comp with older USB ports or your case has old USB ports it has a problem with this adv mod.

2. a part of problem one but if your mobo has USB 1.0 on it it will be a problem with WMDC & your Omnia. You can try a USB hub or a PCI card with USB 2.0 on it.

3. Win 7 has install the drivers wrong, Now i love win 7 just like everyone else but the device/driver install has some problems, try going to device mgr when your phone is plugged in and see if it has it as an unknown device, if it does try Windows Update, if Win update dosent work try to uninstall the driver then reattach your device & try to reinstall your device. http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/omnia-...ndows-7-64bit)/ i found others with similar problems.

Guest nmayer79
One thing you need to keep in mind there are a few things that will not allow for WMDC to work.

1. all new roms for win 6.5 have a newer thing called Advanced Network Functionality you can find it in start/settings/connections/USB to PC try to toggle this on and off, I have found if you are using a comp with older USB ports or your case has old USB ports it has a problem with this adv mod.

2. a part of problem one but if your mobo has USB 1.0 on it it will be a problem with WMDC & your Omnia. You can try a USB hub or a PCI card with USB 2.0 on it.

3. Win 7 has install the drivers wrong, Now i love win 7 just like everyone else but the device/driver install has some problems, try going to device mgr when your phone is plugged in and see if it has it as an unknown device, if it does try Windows Update, if Win update dosent work try to uninstall the driver then reattach your device & try to reinstall your device. http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/omnia-...ndows-7-64bit)/ i found others with similar problems.

pc is not quite year old, hp pavilion elite, quad core, 8gigs ram, etc, so it seems to me its not a problem with computer usb ports. not entirely sure of course, just know its not working. thanks for the response, any other suggestions?

check this out on windows mobile site wmdc has a 32 bit and a 64 bit.....maybe a issue :)

Download Windows Mobile

Device Center 6.1

Download and install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 if you run Windows Vista or Windows 7 on your computer and you want to sync content between your mobile phone and your computer. Windows Mobile Device Center is only compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7; if you run Windows XP or earlier, you have to download Microsoft ActiveSync.

B) :D

Guest nmayer79
check this out on windows mobile site wmdc has a 32 bit and a 64 bit.....maybe a issue :)

Download Windows Mobile

Device Center 6.1

Download and install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 if you run Windows Vista or Windows 7 on your computer and you want to sync content between your mobile phone and your computer. Windows Mobile Device Center is only compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7; if you run Windows XP or earlier, you have to download Microsoft ActiveSync.

:D B)

got the right version, wmdc runs fine, just wont connect with my phone, (no more flashing for me B) ) windows tells me its a problem with the mobile adapter driver installation but when i go to it in device manager it says driver doesn't need updating. found plenty of threads where people haver had same problem but no solutions. Thanks for the responses though.... i'm going to a meeting

Guest DirtySanchez
pc is not quite year old, hp pavilion elite, quad core, 8gigs ram, etc, so it seems to me its not a problem with computer usb ports. not entirely sure of course, just know its not working. thanks for the response, any other suggestions?

Take a close look at the link in suggestion 3 it sounds like that may be your problem.

The other two are if you have an older PC without usb 2.0

Im also using Win 7 64bit on a hand built 940 AMD 3.0ghz, 8GB DD2 1066, Asus Mobo, EVGA 9800GTX, Coolmaster Case and so far haven't had a problem with WMDC Except when the Device Mgr loaded the drivers wrong the first time.

O and also i flash Robs Base last night and so far has been one of cleanest base rom & his touch reg settings seem to be really responsive, I would highly suggest it :)

Edited by DirtySanchez

Guest nmayer79
Take a close look at the link in suggestion 3 it sounds like that may be your problem.

The other two are if you have an older PC without usb 2.0

Im also using Win 7 64bit on a hand built 940 AMD 3.0ghz, 8GB DD2 1066, Asus Mobo, EVGA 9800GTX, Coolmaster Case and so far haven't had a problem with WMDC Except when the Device Mgr loaded the drivers wrong the first time.

O and also i flash Robs Base last night and so far has been one of cleanest base rom & his touch reg settings seem to be really responsive, I would highly suggest it B)

didnt work....... thanks thoough for the suggestion. and i would love to flash to rob's latest but....... i cant get activesync to work :)

Guest nmayer79
SORRY!!!!

to suggest this :)

You did uncheck "allow usb connection"

B) :D

No, wish it was that easy...

No need to apologize, racking my brain and i appreciate all the suggestions... pretty good with computers, in college for them now so i better be, but this has got me stumped..

Edited by nmayer79

• 2 weeks later...
Guest image911

Hey Guys... and Gals. Same issues with upgrade to Windows 7 on a 64 bit system.

·CAN connect my i910 and it recognizes it as a Samsung Omnia all on its own.

·CAN migrate through the storage card, My Storage and :C drive...

·BUT, CAN NOT sync my contacts or calendar! The hourglass (or the latest version) icon just spins, and spins and spins...

HALP...!!

Hey Guys... and Gals. Same issues with upgrade to Windows 7 on a 64 bit system.

·CAN connect my i910 and it recognizes it as a Samsung Omnia all on its own.

·CAN migrate through the storage card, My Storage and :C drive...

·BUT, CAN NOT sync my contacts or calendar! The hourglass (or the latest version) icon just spins, and spins and spins...

HALP...!!

did you see this link in post 2 of this thread??

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

:D :D

Guest Ed Hunt
When I install it, I get the driver error "Windows mobile remote adapter:Failed"

Windows 7 x64, not a clue what's wrong

Anyone have teamviewer?

I have been running several different Roms for the last 3-4 months with no problems with Mobile center till yesterday. Suddenly it wouldn't recognize my phone either on my desktop 32 bit 7 or my media center 64 bit 7. I finally found the problem this morning, 7 had disabled the phone. I went to start-devices and printers and there it showed the omnia. When I opened it I found it disabled. I enabled it and it works fine again. I have no idea why it became disabled, but it did and now it works fine again. Hope this helps. By the way, your phone has to be attached to show in Devices.

I had this problem when I first switched to Windows 7 (32 Bit). I resolved it by simply uninstalling every driver I could find relating to WMDC and my phone (keep phone connected while uninstalling). Rebooted. Disabled Advanced Network Config, set the phone to ActiveSync, let WMDC find the phone, install all the drivers automatically, and it recognized it immediately and has worked ever since. Don't know if it'll work for the rest of you considering the difference in the Operating System. But you never know.

Guest nmayer79
I had this problem when I first switched to Windows 7 (32 Bit). I resolved it by simply uninstalling every driver I could find relating to WMDC and my phone (keep phone connected while uninstalling). Rebooted. Disabled Advanced Network Config, set the phone to ActiveSync, let WMDC find the phone, install all the drivers automatically, and it recognized it immediately and has worked ever since. Don't know if it'll work for the rest of you considering the difference in the Operating System. But you never know.

all i had to do was disable advanced network config and it connects fine!!!!!!! soon as i turn that back on pc connection fails. its messed up, havent tried to flash with this setup but so far so good