[Problem] Sound is too high (Mic+speaker)

Guest Mr.r9

I know this is maybe not the right topic for this question but still:

I saw the review of this phone on gsm-arena, and there is something that bugs me.

They there is a big problem with sound quality during audio playback.

Are they right? Does anyone have decent audio playback with and without headset? Is this problem corrected by one of the firmwares out there? (They probably have the early firmwares like 1.002.05)

And don't forget to reboot... :D

Mr.Vanes:

People told me that it's better sounding now, but at the same time, other people told me that I sound the same ;) Basically I give up. I really lost hope with this phone.

No kernal, almost zero custom roms & themes, touch sensitivity issues(although they are resolved now), voice problems...Next time I'll buy an HTC :(

bias:

If you mean music playback, then the liquid is a very good music player. Playback might lack a *little* bass, but it's more than satisfactory.

However, the only audio playback problems with this device are the following:

1) If you turn the volume level to the max, the speaker on the back starts to crackle.

2) Sometimes when I move between tracks, the first half a second of the next track plays at a low volume then it suddenly plays at the correct volume.

Anyway, if you are planing on buying an Android device, I suggest the nexus one.

Well, the Nexus One is not available in France, and it'll probably cost way too much compared to the Liquid. (The Liquid costs around 320 Euros without contract and I don't think the N1 will cost even under 500€ there).

But the fact that the sound is OK is great, the gsm arena review made me worry about that.

Guest MrVanes

After having sent my Liquid back to expansys for a repair of the mic, which didn't help, I now have an exchange deal with them for a new one. Will let know if the new phone sounds better, or if not, this probably is a model defect that is mostly exposed by our operators.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrVanes

It's a brand new Liquid, using the same software. So I'm inclined to say it's a hardware problem, specific to the one I had, BUT that has a very high probability to occur in others, given your problems and the voice quality on the Liquid of a friend (not as bad as mine, but noticable).

My advice to you would be to go for an exchange as well. The only problem is that I had to go through the courtesy of a repair first (which took a month) and THEN had the right to say that it didn't help so I demanded an exchange.

Edited by MrVanes

It's a brand new Liquid, using the same software. So I'm inclined to say it's a hardware problem, specific to the one I had, BUT that has a very high probability to occur in others, given your problems and the voice quality on the Liquid of a friend (not as bad as mine, but noticable).

My advice to you would be to go for an exchange as well. The only problem is that I had to go through the courtesy of a repair first (which took a month) and THEN had the right to say that it didn't help so I demanded an exchange.

I added the audio hack in my rom, maybe it helps let me know!

Guest MrVanes

Hmm... maybe you shouldn't. I'm of the 'never fix a working system' party... I just flashed your ROM, but haven't made a phonecall since. Will let you know if I get feedback from callers.

Well it will be a big hassle to exchange my Liquid. I had my cousin buy it for me from the Netherlands, then send it by mail to UAE. A process which took 3 weeks and cost about 30 Euros.

Anyway, do you mind posting the .CSV files? And can you tell me whats the manufacturing date? It under the battery and it's called MFG Date.

Thank you for constantly replying in this thread MrVanes.

Edited by Mr.r9

Guest MrVanes

MFG Date is Dec. 2009. I can't give you the .csv files because I didn't make a backup before rooting and flashing to 2.000.16 and finally Angio's ROM.

As it came with 1.002.5_EMEA_GEN1 I suspect there would be no change compared to your own original .csv's.