T-Mobile users with slow internet

Guest Jonnyw2k

Guest Jonnyw2k

I noticed when doing a speed test my internet seemed pretty slow on my phone and I remember a while ago that there was an option in your my t-mobile to disable the data cap rate, (I think it is set by default so people who don't use the internet on the phone much done slow everyone else down)

But anyway to remove it you just need to go to your my tmobile and disable it.

See attatchment

post-431705-1264455225_thumb.png

Edited by Jonnyw2k

Guest Grousey
I noticed when doing a speed test my internet seemed pretty slow on my phone and I remember a while ago that there was an option in your my t-mobile to disable the data cap rate, (I think it is set by default so people who don't use the internet on the phone much done slow everyone else down)

See attatchment

I've logged into my account online and "capped data rate" is currently unchecked. I presume this the setting I want?

See attatchment

According to other sources, this setting is to do with preventing people who pay for use (ie PAYG) from paying more than £1 per day (their new 'cost-capped' deal). I don't know if this is true though.

Any observations or insight from anyone who knows more?

Guest acabbie

i would be interested to know more as i too am on a flext plan, have the capped data rate unchecked but also seem to get low speeds on my N-1.

The highest i've had on 3g is0.35Mbps D/l and 0.55Mbps u/l. in speedtest results tab it shows as NETWORK: cell.

I thought HSPDA could give me up to 7.2Mbps ?

any help is appreciated.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest humph12345

Slow speeds could also be down to the MBNL project.

3 are putting kit into T-mobile cabins and in the worse case, you will see T-mobile capacity drop by two thirds.

• 4 weeks later...