Advice

Guest danial.aw

Guest danial.aw

So guys I was thinking of purchasing an A1... since you have used it would you suggest it is a better device than the magic?... Also I cannot find concrete information on this ... can someone please tell me the US 3g banding for this phone...

I am wondering if this phone supports 850/1900 Mhz for HSPA banding...

Thx for the help

Dan

Guest three_pineapples

It's way better than the magic. Its slightly below the nexus one in power.

It supports 900/1900/2100 so no 850 though i believe Acer will release a north american version in the next few months. It may still work if you are in a 1900 coverage area though! Also, hopefully you are on a GSM carrier as this phone is GSM only (not CDMA).

So yeah, check the coverage and see if you are within a 1900 zone. If not it should still work on EDGE for data :) Just depends wherther you need the speed of HSPA/3G.

Regardless, don't buy the magic. Its way out of date now. you want a phone with a snapdragon CPU in which means either the liquid or nexusone. Currently neither support both 850/1900 but there should be something that does soonish.

Guest anothertk

1900Mhz works fine for me in San Francisco Bay Area with Super Fast AT&T 3G Speed the fastest I had tested with this phone so far is 2.9MB/sec.

I can get 4 Bars of 3G network almost everywhere.

the only thing I don't like is, I need to plug in a headphone in order to get Text to Speech working on Google Map Nav.

I tried Rogers' Magic and LG Eve, but Liquid is much faster with it's SnapDragon processor

Go for it! I love this phone, The best Android phone to go with AT&T 3G

Edited by anothertk