[Tutorial] Step by Step guide on how to do things with your liquid

Guest three_pineapples

Guest Uberadri

Awesome thread, thank you! :)

Could someone please make a tutorial on how to use Lickonn recovery to get app2sd on stock rom, including how you should backup (sd and nandroid)?

This is possible without wiping settings and apps, right? Will the different apps find their respective folders and files on the sdcard after formatting/splitting?

And how does app2sd work once installed, do you get to choose where to install new apps? Is it possible to move old apps to sdcard?

Sorry, lots of questions. A big thank you to whoever answers some of them. B)

Edited by Uberadri

Guest Juan_OX

clipboard03cd.jpg

All looks well, but i don´t know what is the problem, but i can´t take a screen snap.

i´ve got 1.008.00_EMEA_Gen1 rom

firm 1.6

Baseband A1-01.07.01

Kernel 2.6.29

Programs i tried:

ScreenShot : Once opened, when i push the cámera button nothing happends. :)

DroiCap2 : Starts, and i can make it running the countdown, but once it sounds, then "Failed to execute droicap2" B)

Guest RazorICE
All looks well, but i don´t know what is the problem, but i can´t take a screen snap.

i´ve got 1.008.00_EMEA_Gen1 rom

firm 1.6

Baseband A1-01.07.01

Kernel 2.6.29

Programs i tried:

ScreenShot : Once opened, when i push the cámera button nothing happends. :)

DroiCap2 : Starts, and i can make it running the countdown, but once it sounds, then "Failed to execute droicap2" B)

Try installing superuser or quickboot from market, and see if they work.

Guest three_pineapples

Juan_OX: Try downloading a terminal application. Open the app and type: su

and then hit enter (this is all on your phone). It should ask you for permission to give root access or superuser access. Click allow, and if it then goes back to the terminal window without throwing an error, your phone should be rooted fine.

If that is all good, i have no idea why those specific applications don't work, and it might be worth making a new thread to get more people's attention (as someone else might have the answer, but not read this tutorial thread) :)

Awesome thread, thank you! B)

Could someone please make a tutorial on how to use Lickonn recovery to get app2sd on stock rom, including how you should backup (sd and nandroid)?

This is possible without wiping settings and apps, right? Will the different apps find their respective folders and files on the sdcard after formatting/splitting?

And how does app2sd work once installed, do you get to choose where to install new apps? Is it possible to move old apps to sdcard?

Sorry, lots of questions. A big thank you to whoever answers some of them. :D

I'll look into it B)

Guest Uberadri

Nice! :D

Here is a tip from the Liquidized rom thread:

Getting Speed Forge (and possibly other 3D games) to work on the liquid

I installed several 3D games to test it versus my previous G1.

Unfortunately some of them are not working (SpeedForge) or are showing some damaged rendering (Wave blazer).

hi, noticed the same, the workarround I found is use "spare parts", uncheck "compatibility mode", reboot (quickboot app makes it easy and fast)

this made speedForge work fine

But some other games (crystallight, kidsPaint and so) were displaying in a smaller screen

So I enable/disable according to what I want to play

hope this helps :)

I now play Speed Forge smoothly on my Liquid! B)

Guest narkaotic
Thanks to snoopy33 for this!

1. run, from the command line:

adb remount

2. run: (this step is optional if you already pulled all applications previously

adb pull /system/app/LatinIME.apk C:\android

3. Rename the file C:\android\LatinIME.apk to LatinIME.zip

4. Open the zip file, and then open the res folder and then the raw folder.

5. Download the main.dict file from this website

The english dict file is located in the raw "folder" on that website. Other languages in respective folders

Click the main.dict file on that website, it should load a lot of strange symbols. Right click on the link "raw" (its to the left of the blame and history links, just above the strange symbols) and save the location/file to disk.

6. Copy this file into the raw folder in the opened zip file (overwrite the existing main.dict file

7. from the command line run

adb push C:\android\LatinIME.apk /system/app/LatinIME.apk

8. reboot the liquid

9. You should now see word suggestions when using the standard android keyboard!

hi, I have a problem with the keyboard! I followed your instructions to change the dictionary language, but now i have the keyboard in russian, and i want to have it in spanish or english. Please help.

Can anyone send me the original LatinIME.apk?

ROM 1_008_00_EMEA_GEN!

Guest three_pineapples
hi, I have a problem with the keyboard! I followed your instructions to change the dictionary language, but now i have the keyboard in russian, and i want to have it in spanish or english. Please help.

Can anyone send me the original LatinIME.apk?

ROM 1_008_00_EMEA_GEN!

I expect that the issue is that you have the language for your phone set to russian in the phone settings somewhere. 1.008.00 is a russian/english rom i believe. Also, on that website there is a raw-es folder containing a main.dict file. This may give you a spanish dictionary, however you may need to make a raw-es folder in the zip/apk file rather than placing it straight in the existing raw folder. I assume you could then put english in raw and spanish in raw-es and have both dictionary's working depending on language setting of the phone.

Let me know how you go. If you can get the spanish dictionary working, and explain how you did it, i'll add it to the tutorial :)

Guest narkaotic
I expect that the issue is that you have the language for your phone set to russian in the phone settings somewhere. 1.008.00 is a russian/english rom i believe. Also, on that website there is a raw-es folder containing a main.dict file. This may give you a spanish dictionary, however you may need to make a raw-es folder in the zip/apk file rather than placing it straight in the existing raw folder. I assume you could then put english in raw and spanish in raw-es and have both dictionary's working depending on language setting of the phone.

Let me know how you go. If you can get the spanish dictionary working, and explain how you did it, i'll add it to the tutorial :)

it didnt work. Can i remove the linpus russian keyboard from the liquid and install a spanish one??

Guest three_pineapples
it didnt work. Can i remove the linpus russian keyboard from the liquid and install a spanish one??

Oh, the tutorial only modifies the dictionary for the default android keyboard. You can change keyboards by holding down over a text box and selecting input method from the menu that pops up.

But yes, you can install and remove any keyboard you like!

Guest narkaotic
Oh, the tutorial only modifies the dictionary for the default android keyboard. You can change keyboards by holding down over a text box and selecting input method from the menu that pops up.

But yes, you can install and remove any keyboard you like!

well, I uninstalled the linpus russian keyboard and now autocomplete works in spanish!!!!yeah!!

Hello,

For some time I browse this forum, and I decided to enroll

But, I have a serious problem.

Can you help me please?

My acer liquid is root. I wanted to uninstall and basic applications like spinlets, acer registration.

For this I downloaded the application Root Manager.

But by mistake I delete probably essential to the laptop.

Following the keyboard does not work: an error message appears

Sorry!

Closing the Keyboard Android (com.android.inputmethod.latin process). Thank you try again.

I formatted the laptop but nothing makes the problem persists.

I can't use virtual keyboard. So I can't write, The acer liquid starts, but It's impossible to uses the keyboard.

I read that it is possible to recover acer liquid in the first post of page 1

I quote: Warning! If you accidentally type rm /system/app you will remove all applications and mess up your phone (can be recovered with a flash or a restore of a nandroid backup). Make sure you have something ending in .apk, eg: rm /system/app/blah.apk

help me find solutions please.

Note that I did not make backup.

I'd like to have a working keyboard or restore the device originally.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

thank you in advance

Guest three_pineapples
Hello,

For some time I browse this forum, and I decided to enroll

But, I have a serious problem.

Can you help me please?

My acer liquid is root. I wanted to uninstall and basic applications like spinlets, acer registration.

For this I downloaded the application Root Manager.

But by mistake I delete probably essential to the laptop.

Following the keyboard does not work: an error message appears

Sorry!

Closing the Keyboard Android (com.android.inputmethod.latin process). Thank you try again.

I formatted the laptop but nothing makes the problem persists.

I can't use virtual keyboard. So I can't write, The acer liquid starts, but It's impossible to uses the keyboard.

I read that it is possible to recover acer liquid in the first post of page 1

I quote: Warning! If you accidentally type rm /system/app you will remove all applications and mess up your phone (can be recovered with a flash or a restore of a nandroid backup). Make sure you have something ending in .apk, eg: rm /system/app/blah.apk

help me find solutions please.

Note that I did not make backup.

I'd like to have a working keyboard or restore the device originally.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

thank you in advance

Hi,

I think i have a solution for the problem.

The problem occurred when you tried to install the french dictionary? (pulling and pushing LatinIME.apk?)

To solve the problem:

Download the LatinIME.apk from here: http://www.wimeo.fr/LatinIME.apk (i think this may even have the french dictionary installed)

From the command line run:

adb push "C:\path to downloaded LatinIME.apk" /system/app/LatinIME.apk

That should fix your problem!

If it doesn't fix it, anymore information you can give me about what you were doing exactly before this problem occurred will be very useful!

Guest Juan_OX

Thanks a lot, I´m Root! (i can confirm it!)

three_pineapples:

Try downloading a terminal application. Open the app and type: su

and then hit enter (this is all on your phone). It should ask you for permission to give root access or superuser access. Click allow, and if it then goes back to the terminal window without throwing an error, your phone should be rooted fine.

now to make the mobile scream, ah!

thanks a lot to all!!!

Edited by Juan_OX

Guest eppyramot

An alternative solution to editing build.prop is to install MarketEnabler_3.0.4

It allows you to see all paid and restricted apps.

I have two sims, A1 from Austria and Cellcom from Israel. A1 can see everything by itself, but cellcom isnt registered in the marketplace so needs this app.

get it here:

http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/do...abler_3.0.4.apk

1) download and install it.

2) run it

3) go to settings tab

4) choose [us] T-mobile (you have to press on the row for a few seconds), then a box comes up that says "fake this provider now" click on it

5) choose actual tab, click on save current settngs

6) exit program

Now until next time you flash a new rom you can see everything in the marketplace.

Guest three_pineapples
An alternative solution to editing build.prop is to install MarketEnabler_3.0.4

It allows you to see all paid and restricted apps.

I have two sims, A1 from Austria and Cellcom from Israel. A1 can see everything by itself, but cellcom isnt registered in the marketplace so needs this app.

get it here:

http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/do...abler_3.0.4.apk

1) download and install it.

2) run it

3) go to settings tab

4) choose [us] T-mobile (you have to press on the row for a few seconds), then a box comes up that says "fake this provider now" click on it

5) choose actual tab, click on save current settngs

6) exit program

Now until next time you flash a new rom you can see everything in the marketplace.

Yep, that is another way to do it. However, for people with access to paid apps already (but not protected apps) the method in my tutorial would be preferred. However i'll add a note suggesting market enabler if you don't have paid apps, but won't cover it in my tutorial since i don't have the issue of not seeing paid apps with either of my sims :)

Juan_OX: Glad it works B)

Guest trispect

Please use spaces around that < app.apk > or else forum software will interpret that as tag. Or then use code-tags around that line.

Very dangerous, as we have seen to put in tutorial, command that can destroy whole /system/app directory. Same as some one made linux-tuto and tell to input rm -rf * and only tell in some other step that you shouldn't do this at root directory while logged in as root. =)

Guest three_pineapples
Please use spaces around that < app.apk > or else forum software will interpret that as tag. Or then use code-tags around that line.

Very dangerous, as we have seen to put in tutorial, command that can destroy whole /system/app directory. Same as some one made linux-tuto and tell to input rm -rf * and only tell in some other step that you shouldn't do this at root directory while logged in as root. =)

Why didn't someone tell me this before ;) (maybe they did and i missed it)

Thanks for the heads up! fixed now!

Guest three_pineapples

I've put the entire tutorial on the XDA wiki. Which means people can add their own guides. Please make sure they are clear, etc. I'll be monitoring it to make sure that it stays at a reasonable quality, etc.

Link is: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...AcerLiquidGuide

I've also added some more detail on which version of superboot you should use on which rom!

Enjoy ;)

Edited by three_pineapples

Guest Mythrix

I thought it was slightly confusing to have all of them on the same page, so I splitted it up into subpages. Hope you don't mind. ;) Also cleaned up the markup a bit.

Guest three_pineapples

Sure, though it probably would have been better if some of the page names had Acer liquid in them as they only apply for the liquid. Anyway, i've added disclaimers to some pages stating this is only for the Acer liquid in case anyone else comes across them just by searching.

I also reordered the links on the main page since they were in an order for a reason ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mythrix

Yeah, too bad we can't easily move pages. I guess I could create new pages with correct titles and delete the old pages... oh well, I think I'll just leave it unless someone there actually complains. :D

Also, I think this topic should be pinned.