HTC Hero Android 2.1 Update (March 2010)

Guest claudefrog

Guest claudefrog

Apparantly, a representive from Meteor in Ireland has posted on a forum that he has heard directly from HTC that the Android 2.1 update will be released for Hero owners at the end of March 2010.

Not sure if this is just the rumour mill but certainly ties in timing wise to the new devices being launched March/April time.

Apparantly, a representive from Meteor in Ireland has posted on a forum that he has heard directly from HTC that the Android 2.1 update will be released for Hero owners at the end of March 2010.

Not sure if this is just the rumour mill but certainly ties in timing wise to the new devices being launched March/April time.

Got a source for this information?

Guest stevenz

Which fits into the vague 1Q/1H that HTC/Sprint have been bandying around. Starting to sound a bit like "we're going to delay it for ages until people get sick of waiting and either give up or buy a newer device so that when we announce that we're not releasing it due to "technical limitations" they won't care".

Heck, even a proper 1.6 release would be nice.

Maybe Google will eventually put out a WCDMA 850Mhz version of the N1... Stupid carrier back-handers.

Guest PhonePersona
Which fits into the vague 1Q/1H that HTC/Sprint have been bandying around. Starting to sound a bit like "we're going to delay it for ages until people get sick of waiting and either give up or buy a newer device so that when we announce that we're not releasing it due to "technical limitations" they won't care".

Heck, even a proper 1.6 release would be nice.

Maybe Google will eventually put out a WCDMA 850Mhz version of the N1... Stupid carrier back-handers.

A CDMA version of the N1 is coming out pretty soon.

On Verizon Wireless.

Guest foxmeister
CDMA (aka 2G/2.5G) or WCDMA (aka 3G)?

Neither - he means CDMA2000, which is the set of standards associated with "CDMA" 3G mostly used by Verizon and Sprint in the US.

Regards,

Dave

Guest Don/Donald/Donnie

This is such a disappointment. It may explain the silence coming out of HTC HQ about an update. I reckon there would be a revolt if they officially announced that there would be no update to the HTC Hero until March. MARCH!!

But what saddens me most is that as soon as Paul puts it in the kitchen, I'll be getting rid of as much of the HTC "features" that HTC are taking so long to release. This will be the last phone I buy that has HTC software customisations, they just don't improve the experience for the way I use my phone and, if the rumours/assumptions are true, this is one of the reasons it is taking so long for the 2.1 release to become available for the Hero.

Anyway, I am clearing my head and thinking happy thoughts for the announcement/confirmation later today from Apple. Here's hoping it lives up to it's hype better than the Google Nexus One announcement.

But what saddens me most is that as soon as Paul puts it in the kitchen, I'll be getting rid of as much of the HTC "features" that HTC are taking so long to release.

So why are you waiting for the HTC release then? Are there not already a selection of 2.1 ROMs kicking around? Just curious.....

Guest docentore

Don't believe in everything what you read. I'm with that particular provider and read the whole thread. One of the support guys posted info that Hero will be getting 2.0 update soon, but after someone straightened him that there won't be 2.0 update for Hero they came with March date for 2.1.

I think that date is taken from the sky

Guest Rubber Ducky
which year? :)

New date for release is: 20-12-2012 (Android 14.0).

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Edited by Rubber Ducky