How do people get the Eclair theme for HTC Hero?

Guest sinnadyr

Guest sinnadyr

Just saw Post #22 in THIS thread, and it looks just beautiful. Have just installed the MCR 3.1, and would really like this theme, icons and lockscreen!

Saw something about installing Metamorph, but then I need to install busybox, wich I can't find anywhere else then HERE (Pauls instructions), but I haven't rooted that way, I just installed the ROM.

Could anyone help?

Thank you so much in advance :)

Guest sinnadyr
well..3.2 beta has icons in it. the theme is black-eclair by kosworld. you should find it in the forum, or over at xda-developers.

Well, I applied the theme with Metamorph, it took some time to unzip it then it closed... Now what? Rebooted the phone but nothing has changed :\

Guest PhonePersona
Well, I applied the theme with Metamorph, it took some time to unzip it then it closed... Now what? Rebooted the phone but nothing has changed :\

After unzipping, did you apply the changes to your apps via the unzipped files?

Typically after the unzip process, it asks which files you would like to apply the changes to (I think there are 28 or so of them) and it also gives you an option to select all.

Once the process is complete it gives you a 'reboot' option that really doesn't work if you select it, but if you cancel out, you should see immediate changes. I would recommend a manual reboot anyways.

I hope this helps.

Guest sinnadyr
After unzipping, did you apply the changes to your apps via the unzipped files?

Typically after the unzip process, it asks which files you would like to apply the changes to (I think there are 28 or so of them) and it also gives you an option to select all.

Once the process is complete it gives you a 'reboot' option that really doesn't work if you select it, but if you cancel out, you should see immediate changes. I would recommend a manual reboot anyways.

I hope this helps.

Thanks mate, but I started up Metamorph yet again, and it doesn't give me any options to apply the theme what so ever. The only thing I can choose is the .zip, not the extracted files, but after extracting it closes down without further notice :\