on holiday with my hero...

Guest T39andcounting

Guest T39andcounting

I'm off on holiday to Lanzarote next week and will be taking my Orange UK Hero with me, but I don't want a big data bill. Couple of questions:

1) if I un tick the data roaming option is that enough to stop all data? Probably a stupid question, but don't quite trust settings like that. On my Win Mob phones I always used the Modaco No Data app. Is there something similar?

2) are there any good ways of getting roaming data out of Orange UK cheap? Would like to keep connected if I can!

Thanks!

Guest T39andcounting
Just turn mobile data mode off via the power button.

The obvious answers are always the best! Thanks!

Now to give Orange a call and see if I can negotiate a good price on some roaming data.

Guest davey4444
The obvious answers are always the best! Thanks!

Now to give Orange a call and see if I can negotiate a good price on some roaming data.

Turning off the data either through the widget or power button definitely works, I've used that loads. You can also turn off the roaming data in settings. I believe that Orange do a roaming data bundle for Europe but nothing for the RoW. I'm off to Australia soon and I think that I'll just buy a PAYG sim over there for data use.

Guest keef319

I think Orange charge £3.00/Mb, compared to T-Mobile which is £1.50/Mb.

Not sure how much data I'd use in a day. I'm off to France for 4 days next month, but would still like some things to be connected. Email, Twitter etc...

Guest paulsmith

Im in europe for a weekend and looked into orange bundles for European data (for pay monthly)

http://www2.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite...PersonalIR#data

1MB = £3

Bundle 30 days

10MB for £12

50 Mb £47.29

100 Mb £58.75

200mb £90

Daily 50mb for £8.50 (midnight in the local time of the country)

I'm not gonna bother and hoping to find wi-fi

stupid fat cats.

APNdroid is your friend. B)

P

Ha! I thought that might be some kind of incredible application that allowed budget priced internet access while travelling through a secret trap door or somesuch. :)