[THEME] Darkstar v0.3

Guest loom29

DarkstarLiquid v0.3

Thanks to freekyfrogy from XDA, I'm porting Darkstar theme to acer liquid.

Update: Added DarkStarLiquid for 2.000.16 and 1.002.05 ROM

post-635169-1265049639_thumb.pngpost-635169-1265049649_thumb.png

post-635169-1265049732_thumb.pngpost-635169-1265049745_thumb.png

post-635169-1265049753_thumb.pngpost-635169-1265049757_thumb.png

Changelog:

v0.3-2.000.16 / v0.3-1.002.05

- Tested on ROM 2.000.16 and 1.002.05

v0.3

- First release

- This version has been tested only on stock ROM 2.000.05 (I think it could work in others too, just try after a nandroid backup)

How to install:

- Install Metamorph on Liquid: you can follow the very clear instructions posted by Peter1225 on his GlassLiquid thread: link

- Unrar DarkstarLiquidXXX.rar

- Connect Liquid to the PC in debug mode

- From inside Install folder, execute Install.bat to install white notifications/clock and Darkstar fonts (run Restore.bat to restore original fonts)

- After the reboot, copy DarkstarLiquidXXX.zip into /sdcard/AndroidThemes

- Apply theme using Metamorph

How to install Acer GlobalWeather:

- Unrar DarkStarLiquidGW.rar and execute "Install.bat"

Note: If you rooted your Liquid using Lickonn's recovery and not superboot, you have to put your phone in recovery mode ("adb reboot recovery") before executing "Install.bat" or "Restore.bat".

Download:

DarkstarLiquid v0.3 ROM 2.000.16

DarkstarLiquid v0.3 ROM 2.000.05

DarkstarLiquid v0.3 ROM 1.002.05

Acer GlobalWeather

loom29

Edited by loom29

Looks bad ass! Is it possible for you try also with square type dialer buttons? I mean like the background from Calculator icon but with rounded corners? Might look cool too :)

Edited by blc

Looks bad ass! Is it possible for you try also with square type dialer buttons? I mean like the background from Calculator icon but with rounded corners? Might look cool too :)

blc, could you please post a picture showing what you mean?

blc, could you please post a picture showing what you mean?

Okay, I'm not a graphics artist but I think you get the idea :) I mean like your current dialer but with square buttons.

post-622865-1265115805_thumb.png

Guest liquid_it

I noticed that the font bundled with the (great imho) theme lack of some symbols, you can check it when the program name in launcher app list is longer than it should be and is truncated by putting 3 dots at the end. Using the new font, 4 or 5 empty rectagles are shown after those dots (just like when you miss a symbol in a windows font).

Great work btw.

ps: my locale is set to Italian, if it helps.

Guest liquid_it
is possible to install without metamorph?

yes, you should replace every single bitmap you find in the zip in every single apk modded by this theme.. not very user-friendly btw.. :)

In case you want to try it, the app list is here:

AlarmClock.apk

Browser.apk

Calculator.apk

Calendar.apk

CalendarProvider.apk

Camera.apk

Contacts.apk

Email.apk

framework-res.apk

GlobalWeather.apk

Gmail.apk

Launcher.apk

Mms.apk

Music.apk

Phone.apk

Settings.apk

Talk.apk

YouTube.apk

oh, there are some xml too..

edit: services.jar will not work on firmware != 2.000.5, as reported in some other forums. btw if you exclude it from install.bat you should be a happy drakstar-liquid owner.. remember that nandroid is your friend!!

Edited by liquid_it

what about using the "original" darkstar dialer theme?

fits much better with the rest of the theme IMO.

btw, what is it that prevents us from simply getting the darkstar theme for g1 and installing it to our liquids?

I think it's the resolution, the G1 is HVGA and the liquid is WVGA.

As for the Dialer, the whole app is different on the liquid I think this is why he can't use the original design.

As for the Dialer, the whole app is different on the liquid I think this is why he can't use the original design.

as far as i know it doesn't matter if it is written different, as long as the drawables are exchangeable.

yes, the layout of the liquid dialer is different, but it should only be a matter of editing the layout.xml to fix it - if the layout needs to be fixed at all - it should also be possible to simply replace the drawables.

i can't try it by myself because i sent my liquid back yesterday because of problems with the display.

keep up the work!

Sorry I've been very busy lately..

Tomorrow I'll release an updated version for 2.000.16, and maybe for other versions too.

About the dialer skin, bias is right, it's just a matter of resolution and different apps.. above all I don't like the fact that in the liquid we have one background for each button and not for the whole keypad... I'll see what I can do (any suggestion is appreciated ;) ).