SD Card(s) having tantrums

Guest tone-fu

Guest tone-fu

Hi Folks,

I've recently started having issues with SD cards and my Hero, namely that they won't mount through the drag down menu, or at all within the OS. But they do mount fine from the recovery image.

I've just wiped, re-installed the newest MCR, re-partitioned my card with parted and still nix. I've apparently got HTC Sync installed but I can't see it running as a process, not that I'm certain this would affect the mounting of the card at all, some of you might know more.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

Cheers

:)

Edited by tone-fu

Ok. This sounds a little familiar. There's a thread somewhere on here that tells you a button combination that does a wipe (bear with me, its not just a normal wipe. It's been known to fix other similar issues with adb)

Try this android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/300825/usb-device-not-recognized-solution/ but remember all your data will be wiped, so backup first if possible.

Hth

Guest tone-fu
Ok. This sounds a little familiar. There's a thread somewhere on here that tells you a button combination that does a wipe (bear with me, its not just a normal wipe. It's been known to fix other similar issues with adb)

Try this android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/300825/usb-device-not-recognized-solution/ but remember all your data will be wiped, so backup first if possible.

Hth

Thanks mate, that's much appreciated. I shall report back with my findings! :)

Right, well, it reset and stuff and when I plugged it in and mounted it, the PC thought about it. I could hear activity but it just did what it's been doing all along and mounted, then automatically unmounted and 'prepared SD' then that was that (when I say it mounted I mean, it was activated - it didn't appear on the PC at any time though).

Thanks anyway though mate.

Edited by tone-fu