Hero Unlock - Please Help !

Guest ceverson25

Guest ceverson25

Hi,

I have tried numerous sites to unlock my Hero , all have been unsuccesful so far - can anyone give me some advice on how I can unlock my Hero PROPERLY with a service that actually works ??

Thanks

Guest Lordsmiff
Hi,

I have tried numerous sites to unlock my Hero , all have been unsuccesful so far - can anyone give me some advice on how I can unlock my Hero PROPERLY with a service that actually works ??

Thanks

What Hero do you have - is it from Orange UK for example...?

Smiffy.

Edited by Lordsmiff

Guest ceverson25
What Hero do you have - is it from Orange UK for example...?

Smiffy.

T-Mobile UK Version , NOT Orange - I thought only the Orange Hero was an issue to unlock ... :)

Guest martyn028
T-Mobile UK Version , NOT Orange - I thought only the Orange Hero was an issue to unlock ... :)

What is the Exact issu?e ...handset not accepting code? or are you having problems obtaining a code?

regards

Martyn

Guest ceverson25
What is the Exact issu?e ...handset not accepting code? or are you having problems obtaining a code?

regards

Martyn

Three or four different services I have tried dont seem to be able to GET me a code , I might just have to resort to calling TMUK and asking for the code maybe ?? Dont really want to wait up to 28 days though ...

Guest ceverson25
Have you tried HTCCODE.com - i've used them twice now and it's worked fine for me (though they were on rooted heroes with MCR3.1)

Smiffy.

Have tried them twice now and they cannot get me a code ...

Guest martyn028
Three or four different services I have tried dont seem to be able to GET me a code , I might just have to resort to calling TMUK and asking for the code maybe ?? Dont really want to wait up to 28 days though ...

mmm take the imei number from the *#06# option as it has been known to be incorrectly stamped onto the phone. happened once while i worked at Orange and T-mobile

Guest martyn028
mmm take the imei number from the *#06# option as it has been known to be incorrectly stamped onto the phone. happened once while i worked at Orange and T-mobile

also make sure your on MCR before entering code

I have also heard that changing the last digit of your imei to 0 may help.

Sometimes Systems would not recognize the imei number unless last digit was a 0

Edited by martyn028

Guest ceverson25

Double-checked , IMEI is correct on sticker and on *#06#...

Hello again, I think i've been chatting to you on another forum owned by an unlocking service.

.....Anyway, I'm in exactly the same situation, no one can seem to get me an unlocking code and i've been told its probably because its too new???

BTW both sticker and software imei match!

Guest ceverson25
Hello again, I think i've been chatting to you on another forum owned by an unlocking service.

.....Anyway, I'm in exactly the same situation, no one can seem to get me an unlocking code and i've been told its probably because its too new???

BTW both sticker and software imei match!

...maybe.. only got my G2 two days ago , anyway had to resort to using T-Mobile and will have to wait it seems :)

Sorry...but no one seems to realize (not just on here).............. its not that the code doesn't work, but that there is NO CODE available!!

Already MCR 3.1 etc... ready as i know the code doesn't work with original Orange UK rom.

I haven't had a working phone for a few days, as i was promised by a unnamed unlocking site it would only take 10 mins, then ended up refunding me (3 days later) after i had cancelled my contract and purchased my new sim (my fault really but still...) Since that episode i'm now on the 3rd company htccode and they at least have been open and honest about timescales as i contacted them before putting an order in. Just fingers crossed they stick to them.

(sorry just in case, the above is NOT having a go, just trying to show my frustration at the situation.)

Edited by ri2la